The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Import Battery - well no one has actually answered it yet!

FaithStalker

Searched through the BBS on Sunday, trying to find details

about replacement batteries

basically - i leave my Supra alarmed for more than 3 days it wont start, put the battery on charge for 10 mins and hey presto - it just about starts,

BBS - someone went to thier local battery place and got it replaced - didnt say what battery / make etc.

Someone else got a bigger battery and did some cutting and leavering of the "cage" the battery sits in - dont want to do that

someone else changed the connectors to UK connectors and got a UK battery that fitted - but couldnt provide us with a model/number.

So - anyone got any info on what model/make/number that will fit a Jspec without mods , dont mind doing the UK conversion on the connectors though for the future....

cheers peeps

FS.

I covered this mate :p

I went to my local independant place Bracknell Tyre and Battery. They came out to have a look, picked the battery and whacked it in - fitted just about perfect!! It was made by FIAMM (sp?!?!) and on their stock sizing it was down as an 004 - no idea what that means but thats what it was - LOL! 2 year warranty IIRC and £39.97 - job done :D

I got a replacement for my J-spec, slightly higher spec than a stock uk spec battery. Had to bend one of the holding clamps on the arm that holds it in place and also change the connectors (thanks to Mr Harwood for the replacements). And hay presto, I can leave it for 3 weeks + and still starts after about 1 second of cranking.

Got the battery off a mate who has his own business as a supplier, think it cost me £25 or there abouts.

Okay, have just had my battery changed at Protyre (local company).

Damn, I'm thick, I've forgotten the name already. But its completely black cased and fitted as a direct replacement to my Jap spec, terminals and all.

It was a B005L (apparently the 'L' denotes the terminal location) and was exactly the same size as the original Toyota one.

It is rated at 66A/h with a cold cranking rating of 510.

£40 incl. VAT and fitting and 3 year guarantee. Suits me fine as I had to drive about 500 yards to get it sorted!:)

For your info. the original battery was a Lucas Premium one.

Hope this helps.:)

well i never made it too work this morning and just walked bout 2 miles to get soem distilled water, 1 litre of it, put it into 4 cells and all gone!!! :eek:

So back ive gone to get some more and put it in. My battery is a halfords one in the car (explains the loss ofwater!!)

75 mintues running at 25amps and cold cranking of 380

Do you think i should change my battery!?!?

its currently charging

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

Do you think i should change my battery!?!?

Mate, for what its worth, I would just get another one. Protyre are the peeps just opposite Makro.

I turned up to work at 9;30 this morning after having to get a lift to the nearest garage buy some jump leads and electricute the old girl back into action.

:eek: