The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift, Quicksilver, 5 speed NA

Guigsy

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: SOLD! :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

REDUCTED TO 5500 for members only untill end of Jan 08, The car will be back to 6000 and advertised elsewhere after this.

Well its time to move on to bigger and better things (still a supra).

So my car is for sale. I have been a member since i owned the car and will be sad to see it go. but its time for some UK spec BPU action :p. It is only on sale here and one other forum just to guage interest at the moment.

And i would rather see it sell to a member of the club.

PM or email me through the forum for any info.

General info

• Imported mid 1999
  • June 1998, facelift
  • Quicksilver
  • NA 5 speed
  • LSD
  • 60k miles - some of this will probably be kms but i unfortunately don't know how much but as far as i know it isn't very much. The car has since been converted to Miles.

I have owned the car since February when i bought it for £7500 off a retired insurance broker near where i live who had owned the car about 5 or 6 years i believe.

The car had not been thrashed or abused. And was totaly stock.

The owner before that didnt drive the car much but unfortunately i dont know much about him.

It was imported in 1999.

When i baught the car it was serviced and the only fault was a noisy rear wiper motor which was replaced.

Engine - A little dirty but efficiant :)

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3189/imgp0033ly2.th.jpg

Interior - Its was a little dirty but was in mint condition and origonaly came with the optional extra "carbon fibre" stick on covers. I still have these and you can taken them with you if you wish.

It is in the same condition now however i have sprayed the dash silver and has a brand new set of the facelift dash rings (installed tuesday).

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2944/imgp0032mx7.th.jpg

The car had an MOT in april i believe and flew through with flying colours. No advisorys.

I have used the car every day for my commute to work (about a 3 mile round trip)

The car has never let me down, Never even threatened to. It runs very well. The aircon is nice and cold and i cant find any bad points with it reliability wise.

At the start of the summer i had some work done on the car at KnightRacer. This included...

• Both front quarters resprayed to remove stone chips.
  • Do-Luck front bumper fitted, sprayed and meshed.
  • OEM skirts fitted and sprayed.
  • TRD wing fitted and sprayed with carbon blade.
  • Trial rear fitted, sprayed and blended into the rear quater pannels.
  • Both quarter panels resprayed.
  • Roof resprayed to achieve a proper paint blend.
  • Clear facelift lights fitted at the front. and replacement side repeaters

Here are some more pictures of the car the day it was completed.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5989/imgp0164vr3.jpg http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5334/imgp01681sk5.jpg http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6313/imgp01691rj5.jpg

As you can see the kit fits very well.

Since the pictures have been taken the car has been to Silverstone garage and had the following work carried out.

• Exhaust fitted (custom made from Robsheffields car) So it is a TT exhaust. There are NO silencers. However the car still has both its cats in place. and sounds MEAN! :D
  • Brake fluid changed.
  • EBC Green stuff pads on the front.
  • Braided lines all round.

And here is what the exhaust sounds like. Its one of the nicest ive heard. I love it :)

XO1EtN7GMEE

I have also fitted some Ultralite WP-755 NUR 18 wheels on some hankook tyres. I forget the kind and the sizes at the moment. I can check if needed. These are new and less than 2 months old.

I have painted the calipers yellow to draw a little attention and put in a brake master cylinder stopper which helped the brake feel quite a lot along with the pads and brakelines.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6274/imgp0350uo6.jpg

Now the bad parts. Im a bit of a perfectionist and there are a few areas that let the car down slightly but you have to be keen to spot them. (best to be honest eh)

• Bonnet - Stone chips, I have a new carbon bonnet (ablug type1) on order however it has been delayed and is taking an incredible ammount of time to get here. I will be canceling this as it may not be to your taste.
  • Front bumper - Unfortunately i hit a chunk of tyre on the motorway. It was unavoidable as the car in the middle lane had a blowout. The tyre hit the right side of the central vent in the bumper and went through the mesh. However i have been told it is an easy repair but will cost a couple of hundred to respray the whole thing as there are also a few other dings in it. I will leave this unrepaired as bodykits are a very personal thing and you might want to remove it anyway. However if you would like to keep it i can get it repaired and we can negotiate the price
  • The doors have a few chips in the paint down the edges where it has obviously been opened into a wall (NOT ME!)
  • There Is also a scrape along the under side of the drivers side skirt that has cracked the laquer a little but it is hardly noticeable.
  • There is also a tiny crack in the laquer on the drivers side rear bumper
  • There is a patch on the drivers side rear arch (actualy on the bumper) that has rubbed on a high curb.

There are a few things that i will sort out before the car is sold

• The rear pads need to be replaced.
  • There is no rear light for the numberplate (knightracer forgot it) I have questioned them about it and have said they will sort it out for me for no charge. It will need this before MOT. I can get this done for you or you can choose to do it yourself

There are more pictures in my garage. feel free to have a look and ask me any questions. Any more detailed pictures required just ask. I have attached a few pictures of all the doumentation i have including loads of mot certificates, tax disks and the import documents (in japanese)

Thanks. I hate having to sell it when its not perfect (bumper) but i dont see the point spending a couple of hundred having the bumper made perfect when someone might just take it off again. :p

Ive attached a few more pictures... in order.

Damage to the passenger side rear quater.

Damage to front bumper

Damage from another angle.

Dash shot after spraying (not the best picture sorry)

Seats

I took a bit of a random guess at the model there are so many. SZ RZ, SZ-R etc etc. And the club's document thats supposed to tell you what is what seems vastly inacurate. my car doesnt seem to fit in anywhere. But yes its 5 speed. Which is confirmed by the VIN incase your wondering if it has been swapped :)

I took a bit of a random guess at the model there are so many. SZ RZ, SZ-R etc etc. And the club's document thats supposed to tell you what is what seems vastly inacurate. my car doesnt seem to fit in anywhere. But yes its 5 speed. Which is confirmed by the VIN incase your wondering if it has been swapped :)

Guigsy did you use this for your guess? On the VIN plate as Model... the last three letters as follows:-

Model: MVF = 5 Speed SZ

Model: FSF = 6 Speed SZ-R

I keep coming back to look at this car, she looks mint. Just not sure about the colour as I really want gunmetal. I might try and see if there are any local ones in this colour so I can see what it is like in the flesh.

Can't believe this hasn't been snapped up yet - perhaps the bumper damage is putting people off.

true. but i will have it repaired if they want to keep the bumper.

I only havent repaired it as bumpers are a very personal thing. whoever buy it might just remove it anyway. I dont mind taking a little hit on the price if they dont want it repaired. However if someone wants it repaired then im less likely to budge on the price as its going to cost me :)

Quicksilver is imo the best silver. and the rarest. I only ever recall seeing 3 or 4. Although im sure there are more :p

I find the normal silver a bit boring, gunmetal is a bit drab. Quicksilver is a perfect balance ;)

My main worry was that it would be the same as the standard silver - which I really don't like. I'm off to London all next week, if there has been no interest in your car by the time I come back then I might give Mattlee a shout and see if he'll let me have a butchers at his. Its virtually identical to yours so I'll be able to see if I like the colour. I've got most of the cash sorted without selling mine so I'm very tempted!

ok mate. good luck.

Its quite different to the standard silver. Trying to get a decent photo of it is difficult. it tends to change colour. the pictures in my origonal post make it look very silver. but on other days it can look almost gunmetal.

Silver

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9031/vbpgimage1bq2.jpg

Quicksilver

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6274/imgp0350uo6.jpg

Gunmetal

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/7695/vbpgimageze7.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.