The mkiv Supra Owners Club

active spoiler wiring

ukApache

the other week i bought an active spoiler set up (thanks Jon ;) ) but because i didnt have the wiring already in the car i had to hard wire it. The way i have it setup is for it to come down when i dis-arm my alarm, and for it to go back up when i arm it. its also wired into the stock switch so in the 'auto off' position the spoiler is always up regardless whether the alarm is armed or not, and in the 'down' position its always down. the green led on the switch is also on whenever the spoiler is down.

if anybodys actually interested i'll post up the wiring diagram i made to use with the switch & any other details ;)

no probs i'll try & get it up later. just remember though my way completely bypasses the spoiler ECU, so all you need is the active spoiler itself (i.e. spoiler & motor), the stock switch & 5 SPCO relays (2 for to make it go up and down, & 3 for alarm and switch control) ;)

here it is. mine basically follows on from the TRL one, you should be able to see where (if not let me know and i'll show you :))

for the "down" button to work properly it needs to stay down when pushed until the "auto off" button is pressed. to do this just take the back off the switch and remove the spring on the down button side. i put up the TRL diagram as well with a minor correction to it as the original one didnt work for me and I just had to switch over 2 wires.

these are the exact diagrams i used to wire my spoiler and mine works perfect. i have to say though that i cant be held responsible for any damage caused should something go wrong. remember to use a fuse!

if you do have problems or dont understand the diagram feel free to pm me and i'll try & help ;)

activeSpoilerControl.jpg

spoiler6Corrected.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hi mate, I'm in the United States and want to install the active spoiler to run completely in manual mode (up and down when I choose, at any speed, anytime)

I have the spoiler itself, motor, corresponding harness for the motor, factory switch and corresponding harness for the switch. However, the member bought it from said that some wires had already been cut on it and sent it has is. but did tell me it worked fine in auto and manual mode. Details are as follows:

The corresponding harness for the motor has wires 4&5 cut, and the corresponging harness for the switch has wires 1&3 cut.

ANY help from you on how to install would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing you. Thanks in advance!