The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help needed over insurance

go4longer

been phoning round for insurance for a uk supra tt 6 speed bought it for 10k but thay say the markit value is only 3-4k is this right

Hello there!

I have had my Jap tt supra insured for 10k, for the last 2 years with a broker called 'Auto Direct' who used 'Sabre' the contact tel no. is 08705405440.

Im 28 with 7 years no claims & no points fullycomp/protected £328 a year!

A uk spec car should be even cheaper....well my mates is.

hope that helps u abit fella.

Hello there!

I have had my Jap tt supra insured for 10k, for the last 2 years with a broker called 'Auto Direct' who used 'Sabre' the contact tel no. is 08705405440.

Im 28 with 7 years no claims & no points fullycomp/protected £328 a year!

A uk spec car should be even cheaper....well my mates is.

hope that helps u abit fella.

I am an authorised broker for Sabre and they do not do agreed value policies as far as I know. Just becuase they have written £10K next to your vehicle discription it does not mean they will pay that much in the event of a total loss claim. If you are unsure then ring them up and ask them what they would offer you in the event of a claim.

Jae

spoke to sky and even they say that in the event of a total loss they would only pay out the current market price of the car unless you have it valued properly and got certification papers

A lot of us have agreed valuation with sky and didnt need certification papers.

Clarification on this would be good Jae.

spoke to sky and even they say that in the event of a total loss they would only pay out the current market price of the car unless you have it valued properly and got certification papers

:conf: If that's true it's got to be a new thing.... all I had to do with mine is fill in a form and send in some pics. :shrug:

I am an authorised broker for Sabre and they do not do agreed value policies as far as I know. Just becuase they have written £10K next to your vehicle discription it does not mean they will pay that much in the event of a total loss claim. If you are unsure then ring them up and ask them what they would offer you in the event of a claim.

Jae

I agree with this, I am a sabre broker as well and they do only ever pay book value from the policies I have ever used.

At the end of the day, an advisor should not be determining the value of your car.

A lot of us have agreed valuation with sky and didnt need certification papers.

Clarification on this would be good Jae.

If you have an agreed value policies through us it will be on your policy schedule. You should also have a letter from us confirming that the valuation application has been received and the value has been agreed.

I agree with this, I am a sabre broker as well and they do only ever pay book value from the policies I have ever used.

At the end of the day, an advisor should not be determining the value of your car.

Yikes!....I have been completely miss-informed then on my policy......on some of my previous cars I have paid more on my insurance policy to have an agreed valuation figure on the vehicle, for this I had to send in photos/receipts showing proof of work/condition. I once had a mk1 golf gti which I spent over 10k on and it was insured for an agreed value of about 6k it cost me about £36 more a year but if anything did happen they would pay up to the agreed value.

When I took out my policy for the supra (through a broker who used sabre), I asked about valuation policy's, I was then asked how much I wanted to insure the car for and was also told it effected the price of the policy dependant on how much u wanted to insure the vehicle for?

At the time I said 10k they ran the quote through on that figure?.......on the sec page of my policy in writing it states the value is for 10k?

I rang my broker up today and they said that's correct?

But if your telling me that sabre will not pay out that amount then I need to get it sorted, if my broker has agreed the value will it make them responsible u think?

It does my sweed in, you try and do things properly and its just a waste of time these days.

It really pisses me off, insurance is just legal fraud!