The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacement electric window winder mech wanted

Elmo

Hi,

The winder mech went on me today, I've managed to wedge the window up for now with a bit of wood for now.

The cable hasn't actually snapped, it seems in tact, the metal bit on the end of the cable is still there, its the white plastic bit that the cable fits into which has broken (I hope that makes sense!)

So, I desperately need a new winder mechanism ASAP. If anyone is breaking a Supe or has this part spare please PM me.

Oh, I'm not sure if this is important but is it's for a '94 NA.

Cheers!

Ok mate, i can sort this for you. I'll have to have a look tomorrow as i'm doing mothers day related activities today.

Is it n/s or o/s door? Don't know if there is a difference or not but i've got both :)

Hi Rik, It's for the drivers side.

Can do please do a favour when you are checking the door?

Despite the cables being intact I know I definitely need the winder mech as the cable has got all tangeled up and I'm sure it would be all kinked/damaged once un-tangled.

You will see that both the up and down cables each go around a pulley (top and bottom of door), the end of each cable fits into a spring/white plastic block which are retained by a metal clip that can be prised open to remove the cables. It is these plastic plarts that have broken, I'm pretty sure that this metal part is attached to the window regulator but can't be 100% sure. I have just had a look but because the window is now all the way up and tightly wedged into place, it is now out of sight.

I have taken a few pics of how the door looks at the moment...

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.