The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Turbo Conversion?

WILLGILL

I've been thinking about this for a while now, would it be possible to convert the N/A engine to turbo? i.e after market addo-on kit, does anyone know if this can be done? as my car has 35,000 miles on it I thought I'd keep the chasis which is in good nick and just upgrade the endine, to save me arsing around trying to find a buyer for this car and then find another.

so firstly how much are the TT engines?

anyone heard of an N/A turbo (oxymoron :p)

silly idea?

Check out the US forums - very popular mod over there NA-Ts. Gonna be more expensive than selling up and getting a TT, but you could go for a large turbo and jump straight up to TT BPU or better performance. Don't think anyone on the list has done this in the UK have they? So it'd be fairly unique this side of the pond.

Originally posted by lust2luv

I *think* last time I saw it offered it was in the region of $6K fitted.

oh thats not too bad, I reckon the supra market is flat ATM so selling might not make sense hence the quest for more power, any idea on power levels from that conversion

Thanks for the help so far :)