The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problems highlighted at THOR

ChrisB

When i was at thor they found a problem with the fueling on the car, pete said it wasnt something he had not seen before, it seems to only be a problem inbetween the two turbo's. Ive attached the graph (blue is blitz off, pink is ch1 on controller, blue is ch 4 on the controller) does anyone know what could be causing it ?

Chris

mods are

Greddy 3 Row FMIC

TRL FCD

Aqamist waterinjection

Blitz SUS air filter

CW decat pipes

Blitz Nurspec

Blitz SBCID III + power meter

IK24 plugs

Standard uk fueling

http://www.cliftonmoorracing.co.uk/tmp/Thorairfuel2.jpg

Then I would guess your gain was too high and was causing a boost spike which was making her run so lean that you're likely to blow the engine up very soon, I'd turn the BC off as it's not helping atm.

It's either that or the sensor on the dyno wigged out on that run...though I'd rather not re-run that run to test the theory!

no boost guage i tend to just go off the boost on the Blitz, but never noticed any spiking on that either really.

had thought about changing for an uprated fuel pump but on full boost the graph seems to show that its getting plenty of fueling so was thinking something electronice. Thor said possibly fuel cut defender, but when i said it was a trl one they said it wont be that ?

The fuel pump is man enough...if it's working ok.

As positive pressure from the turbo is fed in it's supposed to switch from 9v to 12v...I'm just wondering if it's not doing that quickly enough?

Hopefully someone else will come up with an idea...by the way you can set a boost limit warning buzzer on the SBC-iD...

yeah i will have to set one i always used to struggle to get it too boost over 1.2 bar but it seems much more willing to boost higher so will have to make use of that feature now.

do you know if there is a way of checking when the the voltage is changing maybe wire a dash light on or something

I know its a different car but my Blitz SBC-ID 3 is set at a gain of around 10-11 for the GTR and I can still get boost spikes with it that low. Generally ok in normal driving but if I keep high revs and deck the throttle it can jump widely as the high rev/boost comes in. However, turning the gain down less than say 10 makes spool up much worse!

Guest Terry S

UK pumps are great, be surprised if it's that.

Your injectors are plenty big enough

It could still be a FCD

Fuel Pump ECU?

Which fuel pressure regulator have you got, Stock?

Guest Terry S

Stock reg is fine for your purpose, just checking an FSE wasn't causing the problem.

It would have been easy to switch the car to 12v and do a run & check at the time, but you are prob miles from Thor now. No easy way to check without trying things then checking the AFR. Check out MVP's cost on the AEM AFR gauge, may be worth it for you.

Guest Terry S

Leave your stock FPR on there mate TBH, have seen a fair few with problems ( FSE). Think Dusty is charging £245 inc or something for the AFR gauge, which is plain madness.

Hope it gets sorted soon Chris, when speaking to JJ, Michels brother he told me to set the controller up in ch 4, then set to 65 and 0 gain, the car is so quick at the moment, apparently the gains only there for smaller turbo cars that are running out of steam, you don’t need to set the gain on a Supra. If you have a gain of 15 on a 65 set your making 80….which is too much. That’s what I was told and it seems to work for mine, it holds boost much better too.

Paul