The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J-Spec GZ, BPU+, £3k+ new parts,

hiten55

EDIT: over £5,500 worth of parts!!

one of the hardest threads ive had to post :(

fact is, the cars been in a garage having its mods done for the last 18 months :( The mechanics a mate of mine, who said he will charge me a cheap price if he can do it as a side line. Partly my fault too as i kept bombarding him with new parts :D The work he's done is immacualte, although his perfection is his downfall as he tends to start a job and then fix something else along the way - fine by me though :D

Anything in BOLD is brand new (unless otherwise stated) and in the process of being fitted - meaning the car has not been driven since fitting. I know for a fact there is stuff missing from that list, but i will update is as i remember. the prices are rough estimates from the top of my head. where possible i have been as accurate as i can but i dont have all the receipts with me :)

The Spec:

============EXTERIOR============

uk spec bonnet scoop

Clear front lenses (not fitted) - £100

Clear rear lens conversion - £70

Fog light mod on rear

Fox 19's (sizes tbc) + 2 spares (used) -£700

Headlamp internals painted silver

Facelift Clear front indicator conversion - £80

Full set of HID's (main, dipped, fog) - £250

Top level spoiler - £120

Active spoiler removed to accomodate FMIC

============ENGINE============

HKS SSQV - £150

ngk iridium spark plugs - £50

Apexi air filter (no magic mushrooms here :D)

Whifbitz FMIC (used) - £250

Custom Power-steering cooler

HKS Fuel cut defender - £50

Walbro fuel pump - £90

Envy RSR exhaust - £450

Double decat (front Chris Wilson (used), Rear Envy) - £200

Whifbitz Restrictor ring (1.2bar)

New fuel filter - £30

New TRD oil filter - £20

New 02 sensor - £70

Fields Harness - £250

All Fluids (power steering, engine oil, diff oil, gearbox, brake) recently changed - less than 500 miles ago

============Running Gear============

Tein Super streets - £600

Tein EDFC - £270

Tein Front Strut Brace - £120

Tein Rear Strut Brace - £120

Do-Luck braided hoses - £60

Cusco master cylinder stopper - £80

Endless pads rear - £120

UK Front brake conversion (used) - £300

All Suspension and axle bolts re-tightend to toyota recommended values

Racelogic traction control with launch control (used) - £400

============INTERIOR============

silver dash

Chrome heater controls

Envy A-pillar Gauge pod - £120

defi boost gauge -£190

defi link meter - £140

Innovate Wideband AFR meter - £200

interior (footwell, doors, roof light) l.e.d. conversion / install

blue l.e.d. dash conversion

momo nero steering wheel - £130

modified boss to keep original cruise control (one off) - £60

levoc handbrake and gearknob - £130

carpet dyed black

============ICE============

Alpine 9857r

Mp3 line out phono cable

Diamond Audio m6 components

kenwood 5 channel amp

Autoleads 0 gauge wiring kit

Streetwirez disi blocks etc

Custom speaker brackets from group buy

============SECURITY============

full cat1 with sms alert, lock and unlock doors, and tracking facility. well known brand. but obviously not going to advertise on here :)

Pics:

Excuse the pics, best i have at the mo...

The led lights in the door handle part of this pic have since been moved to give a more subtle fan:

The car is currently declared SORN with the DVLA so has no tax or mot. I'll make sure its mot'd before it goes and we can come to an arrangement on tax if needs be.

I have a full service history with the car and it will be serviced once more before i sell it.

The mileage is on 113,000 miles. I've owned her for just over 3 years and the only problem i had was a dirty gearbox sensor. which got cleaned, flushed, new fluid in and all good since then.

Both Turbos were rebuilt by Abbey Motorsports in December 2001 (approx 86,000 miles). The cambelt and fanbe;t were changed by Whifbitz in December 2006 (110,000 miles).

She drives like a dream, probably even better after the running gear has been worked on, but i would suggest a geo setup to make it perfect.

Bodywork is fairly good, no scratches etc, but there is a bit of rust on the bottom left corner of the tailgate glass, and a bit by the passenger side door sill.

Interior is in good condition with no tears or scratches.

Its taken me 6 months to finally write this thread but it has to be done :(

im looking for £7,999 ono on this one. If you take away the amount on parts and labour it makes it a bargain (in my eyes anyway).

All parts were bought from either forum traders or forum members.

Thanks for looking.

Fancy a change mate. its just sitting there taking up money and not being used. i'd rather someone can use it and appreciate it. i'll be buying another one next year, but its going to remain standard. thats the plan anyway.

Sweet. Glad you're not leaving the MKIV. Are you free Tuesday? I'm going to get my car mapped so if you fancy a trip, come along...

Thanks for all the responses guys :)

Andy, thanks for the suggestion, unbelievable how many things ive missed off the list. they keep comming to me as im driving to work :) i've added a few prices from memory, i have receipts for most of the stuff somewhere, just need to dig it all out :)

oh and B-U-M-P :D

Those Fox RS5's are 19" and as far as I know they didn't make them any other size than 8J, which is really too small for a TT. I used to have them, and I really want them again but can't get them wide enough for my car.

edit.....saying that....just found them 9J !! so am guessing you have 8J fronts and 9J rear

Those Fox RS5's are 19" and as far as I know they didn't make them any other size than 8J, which is really too small for a TT. I used to have them, and I really want them again but can't get them wide enough for my car.

edit.....saying that....just found them 9J !! so am guessing you have 8J fronts and 9J rear

That sounds about right, i got them from a member on here, i'll ask him to confirm :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.