The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Error/code 42 problem - with a difference

DamanC

After the snow cleared off I thought I would take a look to see if I can tackle the error 42 problem.

Ther car itself drives fine, steering is how it should be, speed is correct etc. Except the flashing O/D light would turn up and at 4krpm/about 80/90mph the engine and triangle light would come on and would stay on until the car was restarted.

For ref I think I have a combined Top speed delimiter and Speedo converter. Its a little black box with no markings. I also have a Thor FCD if that makes any difference.

So join the pink wire to the blue and red wire was the plan, it was met with the following sight. Im naff when it comes to electronics, so can someone help?

Car is in bits now, so I can go and check things now if need be.

06042008097.jpg

Guest 38super

By the look of that wiring job it might be that your problem is due to poor connections either there or at the ecu. I had the exact same problems where a HKS speed delimiter had been added to the wiring near the ecu. Fixing the dodgy wiring job cured the problem.

I thought id have a rummage around the ecu after soldering the wires in question (not joining pink to blue/red wires) and the pink wire on the ecu had a little plug connected to it. After a hunt underneath the wiring i found the other end of the plug, plugged them back together and Bobs your uncle, fixed :)