The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i think mr hks has f**ked up here. help!

fat_controller

i recently purchased leet's car and have been having a bit of trouble with the clutch, the bearing carrier keeps fouling the centre plate, i installed it the way he told me but apon looking at the instructions he sent me it looks like he's made a bobo.

i have been installing it with the biggest flange facing the gearbox. on the pick i have hi lighted what hks wrote in blue.

take a look at the "UP" highlighted in red it shows to me that the side with the smaller flange faces the gearbox. what do ya think?

thanks

[img]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/fat_controllery2k/hks.jpg[/img]

If the Japanese writing in the top diagram does say flywheel side to the left, then the writing on the bottom diagram to the left is the same (if you see what I mean :) ). Plus the fact I dont see that half the diagram would be one way round and the bottom half facing the other way.

Email Chris Wilson, he has experience with these clutches

i have he said he doesn't like these clutch's and doesn't install them unless he really has to. he told me to get rid of it.lol

can't afford to do that

i'm pretty sure it goes the other way round, these clutches sre frikin wierd because you have to use the hks bearing carrier and bearing and components from a mk3 ma70 which they were originally designed for.

did you change the piston in the slave cylinder to lee because i think there's a special hks one that has to go on to.

i have he said he doesn't like these clutch's and doesn't install them unless he really has to. he told me to get rid of it.lol

can't afford to do that

i'm pretty sure it goes the other way round, these clutches sre frikin wierd because you have to use the hks bearing carrier and bearing and components from a mk3 ma70 which they were originally designed for.

did you change the piston in the slave cylinder to lee because i think there's a special hks one that has to go on to.

Yes it already has the HKS slave mod, it's because of this that the clutch isn't really grabby and makes it driveable. Chris may not like them but surely he can advise you to which way round the plate goes?

Yes it already has the HKS slave mod, it's because of this that the clutch isn't really grabby and makes it driveable. Chris may not like them but surely he can advise you to which way round the plate goes?

yeah i'll send him a pm with the link to the thread, i'm sure he'll know, can't believe hks don't know themselves, even hks usa don't know.lol