The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boot rubbers...

Suprash

I can tell you lot are all tucked up in bed while Im busy working, well supposedly. Anyway I remember reading somewhere about the squeeky boot rubbers that you can replace by buying a new rubber from Toyota, I remember someone posting the part no's up, but I'll be dammed if I can find it, even the search didn't come up with anything. Does anyone have this part number/cost. Also I need a new engine bay under tray cover, does anyone know where you can get them cheaper as I have been quoted over £200 to buy and fit at a local Toyota dealership.:stupid:

Toyota found the part numbers for me after I asked them for the rubber stoppers. They have computer diagrams of all the Supra parts. They were about 3 quid for the pair. I still haven't fitted the buggers yet though coz the screws are loctited in and need a blowtorch apparently to get them out.

Part no: T67293-14051.

I agree with Matt - get a little blow torch - I got one from Tesco's cookware dept. All you need to do then is cut away the actual rubber bits with a stanley knife (which will leave the screws and metal backing plate) then heat up the head of each screw with the blow-torch to soften the thread-lock gluey stuff. The screws then come out easily.

I thought it sensible to put some thread-lock back on the screws before putting the new rubbers back on (got it from halfords).

HTH

• 3 years later...

does anyone know of anyone that sells these? (and can give me contact details)... i ask my toyota garage and they just said got to lexus nearly 90 miles away... (batemans toyota of grange-over-sands are so far up their own arse you cannot belive it (i htink its something to do with them being bmw dealers aswell))

n00

Part no: T67293-14051.

I agree with Matt - get a little blow torch - I got one from Tesco's cookware dept. All you need to do then is cut away the actual rubber bits with a stanley knife (which will leave the screws and metal backing plate) then heat up the head of each screw with the blow-torch to soften the thread-lock gluey stuff. The screws then come out easily.

I thought it sensible to put some thread-lock back on the screws before putting the new rubbers back on (got it from halfords).

HTH

I just made sure I had a very well fitting screwdriver bit and then used the adaptor to fit it to my small ratchet.. it all came out no problems and all was done in about 5 minutes.. dont see why you would need a blowtorch, though I do remember reading that some guy on a US forum seemed to have a nightmare doing it as the head stripped on the boot rubber thread... perhaps I was lucky.