The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Cars, Nissan Patrol and Renault Clio SX

Guest ClioSXT

Guest ClioSXT

Hears a Few Pics and a brief history of them both :)

Start with my 2007 Renault Clio Dynamique SX.

Its a 1.2 TCE (Turbo Control Efficiency), Ive owned it from new and it has just done 18,000 mile. Im a bit of a Audio Freak (Part of my job) and has been reflected in the way I've done the install. Standard it puts out 100 HP and 145Nm (Remap to 130+, 200Nm+ if i keep it.)

Extras ...

HKS SSQV Black Edition (With 25mm Adapter), Boost Gauge, AutoBra, L.E.D bulbs all round. Custom Air intake. Clio 200 Floor mats, Clio 197 Alloy Pedals + Foot Rest. Wind Deflectors. Extra Tinted windows. 25mm Hubcentric Spacers (rear). Air Horns. And a lot of polishing.

Audio ...

I love Vibe audio gear (to the point i am now sponsored by them). 98% Gear I've used is Vibe Gear. Its took about a year to get to were is it now. I wanted to keep the car as practical as possible, Yet still have High quality audio.

This is what i came up with :) I can post a full description of all the gear that I've used, but to save space ill leave it out for now

Pictures ... (Dont include the 25mm Spacers on the rear wheels)

And my other car .... 1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Y60 Auto

Technically its my Dad's work horse :)

Owned since new, 84,000 miles. 4.2 Petrol Straight 6, Single over head cam (Chain Driven).

Its had ...

Stainless bull bars (with 2x Hella Spot lights), Rust Proofed every year, Maxxis Bravo HT760's (white Lettering), 4 inch Custom Stainless system (Cat Back) 2x4 inch tips. (the list goes on)

Pictures speak for themselves ... Never had a single fault with it. But it does have a drinking problem .... 13MPG around town, 3MPG if you drive with your right foot. but it will do 25MPG when the gearbox locks up at 65 (no matter what your toeing behind it)

Its safe to say, the patrol is the reason why i love straight 6's ;D

Feel free to comment :)

Guest ClioSXT

Its called a CarBra, its suppose to help stop Stone Chips to the bonnet on motorways etc, Its something that VW boys like to have for "The Euro Look" as that was my plan at the time. but now I'm looking into Supras :D

I can't fault the clio, other than the price of every single part is To high, and labour. The design of the car looks great, but its no good to work on. e.g you have to take all of the front bumper off to change a head light bulb, Renault say this must be done by them, and will cost in the region of £300. hmmm :/

Ah rights, makes sense lol. Yeah I found renault parts and service to be a pain in the posterior, shame because the car was brilliant. Hope you find your dream supra dude, just remember not to buy the first you see (unless it IS spotless, use the buying guide PDF). The first one I looked at was a white aero top. Looked awesome but the seats were knackered, the aerial was missing, the steering felt shoddy and the wing mirrors were held on by tape. Even knowing this I found myself wanting to buy it, but thank god my brain overwhelmed my heart. Happy hunting dude!

Guest ClioSXT

I've looked at so many, I'm constantly searching the net looking for that "special one"

Im basically after a completely stock Twin-Turbo RZ (The best one ?) Auto or manual (Manuals go for more?) as I dont plan on doing anything Extreme to it, and i love the standard body.

Not sure on what Power could be produced with simple mods, or converting to a single turbo etc. as i dont want to be changing and internals mainly.

If i do get the change to get my hands on one, it will be around october time, as thats when my insurance is due for the clio (so it depends on how much i get quoted for clio/supra and just go from there.

I already have parts that will fit a supra :D (HKS SSQV and 90% of my audio stuff)

Guest ClioSXT
car bras are great until dust and grit get under there and ruin the clear coat :D

Loving the old school Nissan tho!

The Clio dont get dirty enough to allow dust to settle on it :p, but i do know what you mean. The car bra only stays on for the Journey it is needed for, and is washed correctly too :)

I don't understand bonnet bras. I mean, what about the rest of the car? It's not the only place that gets stone chips. I honestly don't think they serve the purpose they were supposedly "intended for". I reckon they exist exactly for the reason every other euro scene mod exists - utterly insane looks!

Guest ClioSXT
I don't understand bonnet bras. I mean, what about the rest of the car? It's not the only place that gets stone chips. I honestly don't think they serve the purpose they were supposedly "intended for". I reckon they exist exactly for the reason every other euro scene mod exists - utterly insane looks!

Yup i agree, however the first thing that a stone would meet on the clio (that really matters if it gets chipped etc) is the bonnet (its the first thing thats metal) all the bumper/wings and behind the bumper is all plastic, so they won't rust if they get chipped. so a little extra protection is welcome :)

Guest ClioSXT
What you want is the Wolf's Chemicals spray on clear bra, coming out shortly. ;)

Cheers, i will keep a look out :)

Renault do DO a kind of "cling film" stuff that you can put on the front bumper to help protect it. But of course they know how to charge, and mine already has the odd Small Stone Chips, not really worried about them as its on plastic.

Guest ClioSXT

Hears a list of all the Audio that i have installed :

1x Sony CDX-GT20RN. (Head unit) (Display and Steering Controls fully functional)

1x 4 AWG Power Cable. (8 inch length) (Battery to Circuit breaker) (Gold Plated terminals)

1x Vibe 140AMP Circuit Breaker. (Custom Mounted to Battery housing)

1x Vibe 8 AWG Stereo Wiring kit.(with 1x 60 Amp inline fuse)

(1x 3M RCE Stereo Phono, Ferrite loaded)

(1x 5m 8 AWG Red Power cable)

(1x 1m Earth cable (Gold Plated Terminals)

(1x 5m 16 AWG remote cable)

(1x Power Quick Clip)

1x Vibe 8 AWG Bass Wiring kit. (With 1x 60 Amp inline fuse)

(1x 3M RCE Bass Phono, Ferrite loaded)

(1x 5m 8 AWG Red Power cable)

(1x 1m Earth cable (Gold Plated Terminals)

(1x 5m 16 AWG remote cable)

(1x Power Quick Clip)

1x Fli Line Level Converter.

2x Vibe RCA Y-Splitter Adapter Leads. (Ferrite loaded)

1x 1200 RMS Vibe Black Box Bass Amplifier. (Class AB)

1x Pro-sonic 1.0 Farad Capacitor. (Sub Only)

1x Vibe SQ12 Evolution Space 2 Sub-woofer. (With Sub Guard) (3 inch ported)

1x Vibe LiteAir Stereo 4. (Class GH) Used for Bi-amping of Front speakers & Dashboard speakers)

2x Vibe Space 6's. (Front Doors)

2x Vibe Space 3-way Crossover.

2x Vibe Space 45mm Midrange units.

2x Vibe Space 38mm Tweeter units. (Mounted in 3D Position)

2x Vibe BlackAir 6's. (Rear Panels)

2x Vibe BlackAir 2-way Crossover.

2x Vibe BlackAir 38mm Silk Dome Tweeter.

4x 6 inch Custom made Felt Gaskets.

50m x Vibe 12 AWG FlatStereo Audio Cable.

4x Rolls of AntiVibe Anti-renosonance material.

1x Vibe Tax Disk holder.

3x Vibe Space Logos.

2x VIBE Logo

Around a year of Gradual work (lost count of how many hours)

Guest ClioSXT

Cheers Josh :)

Its Strange, I'm on Clio and Twingo Forums, and when i show that it has a CarBra, it either gets insulted or Liked (generally Insulted).

CLIOSPORT.NET - "its not actually a clio sport is it ?"

Clio16v.net - "its not a proper clio :/" "its to big to be a clio"

... the list goes on

Yet on a forum for a different car all together, it gets a much better response. and Ideas thrown about for using different materials to do the same thing.

im also part of twingooc.com, which is a forum for Renault Twingo's. (The engine and gear box that is in my clio is the same as twingos) and they are more than helpful to owners of other cars.

Shows how Narrow minded other car/forum users are that have the same car as you ... either that, or your all a very nice bunch of fellows :D

Cheers Josh :)

Its Strange, I'm on Clio and Twingo Forums, and when i show that it has a CarBra, it either gets insulted or Liked (generally Insulted).

CLIOSPORT.NET - "its not actually a clio sport is it ?"

Clio16v.net - "its not a proper clio :/" "its to big to be a clio"

... the list goes on

Yet on a forum for a different car all together, it gets a much better response. and Ideas thrown about for using different materials to do the same thing.

im also part of twingooc.com, which is a forum for Renault Twingo's. (The engine and gear box that is in my clio is the same as twingos) and they are more than helpful to owners of other cars.

Shows how Narrow minded other car/forum users are that have the same car as you ... either that, or your all a very nice bunch of fellows :D

I'd go with the latter. Then again, you've not been here long so your opinion might change :D

Guest ClioSXT
I'd go with the latter. Then again, you've not been here long so your opinion might change :D

Haha, going from what I've heard from others, and from looking at other posts from others on hear, ill stick with the latter too :D

• 6 months later...
Guest ClioSXT

Update ...

Keeping the Clio for the next couple of years, was going to swap for a Megane R26 LY, but thanks to the silly trade in price that they wanted for my clio, i simply couldn't afford it :( So ill be running with the clio for the next couple of years and get some miles on the the clock .... BUT Work will cary on on the clio in the next few months.

Coming up ...

Going to Forge Motorsport to become a development car for a FMIC for the TCE engine.

After this the 182 injectors are being re-installed and re-mapped to see if any more power can be extracted.

CF wrapped roof + extras (Still debating tbh)

Some form of rimmage.

Upgraded brakes (Grooved and Dimpled disks on the front, EBC GreenStuff pads all round)

And all new cleaning/polishing gear.

Yesterday i went out for a run and took more photos ... as i wanted some time on my own, and take some practice shots :)

P1040967 by ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1050030 by ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1050053 by

ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1050050 by ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1050041 by ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1050034 by ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1050020 by ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1050006 by ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1040992 by ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1040981 by ClioSXT, on Flickr

P1040965 by ClioSXT, on Flickr