The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are 94 Stock J-spec Twin Turbos Ball bearing??

Guest FKADizzmystar

Guest FKADizzmystar

oh and reason for asking if they are Ball Bearing is because I herd that Ball Bearing turbos are heaps more expensive to rebuild. so i was wondering if its worth it or not or what other options there are. iam not after blistering speeds either.

cheers

oh and reason for asking if they are Ball Bearing is because I herd that Ball Bearing turbos are heaps more expensive to rebuild. so i was wondering if its worth it or not or what other options there are. iam not after blistering speeds either.

cheers

Have them hybridised while there being rebuilt.

Very basically its usually the compressor turbine that is enlarged/taken from another turbo, and the casing machined to take it, very occasionally the exhaust turbine is changed if its a J spec turbo or has enough metal to be enlarged, and the internal bearings and seals are uprated, so it will supply more airflow and pressure, and be generally tougher.