The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Weight of stock Recaro seats

Wez

The Cobra Monaco S weighs 7.5kgs with full FIA 1855-1999 approval.

With two seats its roughly 3kg lighter than stock, not alot really although every little helps I guess.

Stock driver and passenger seat (leather) is approx 35 kg's

If you went with a pair of monaco's that is 20 kg's + the weight of side mounts.

Or you could just buy the one lightweight seat and forget a passenger :D

• 10 months later...
So 14kg, I guess without the subframe and slider?

My Sparco Corsas are 10kg each without mounts and sliders, thats an 8kg saving, I might look at lightweight mounts over the heavy steel ones I have.

you can make the chunky steel ones pretty damm light, i got ally side plates and some strips of 6mm ally from work so basically all you keep are the runners, ended up with each seat/subframe coming in at slighty less than 10kg

seat 003.jpg

you can make the chunky steel ones pretty damm light, i got ally side plates and some strips of 6mm ally from work so basically all you keep are the runners, ended up with each seat/subframe coming in at slighty less than 10kg

I have some runners and steel side mounts, not even opened the runners yet, how are yours mounted to the chassis?

Do you have more pics?

I have some runners and steel side mounts, not even opened the runners yet, how are yours mounted to the chassis?

Do you have more pics?

mine started out as the shockingly bad fitting Cobra ones, yellow bits are choped off struts (now replaced by the ally sections) ignore the arrows they were explaining something for IMI, i had the steel side mounts and these weighed a ton, i cant remember where i got the ally side mounts from but they were not from Cobra, i will have a dig if you want the info

seat 001.jpg

seat 002.jpg

seat 004.jpg

seat 006.jpg