The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ALT-S fuse / boot plastic removal / door trim clip fixing / wheel refurbishment

IceMan

No-one replied to my original post on this so I thought I'd try again!

Can anyone please help with these questions?

1. I noticed the ALT-S fuse had blown. Searching on the web this may be related to the alternator or the traction control. Anyone know for definite? I've replaced it but it didn't seem to make much difference!

2. I need to remove the black plastic cover inside the boot lid. Where's the best place to start pulling at the plastic cover? It feels quite strongly attached and like it may crack if I pull it in the wrong place. Are either points shown in "bootplastic.jpg" correct?

3. The trim under the driver door has come unattached (see "annoyingclip.jpg"). It appears the white plastic clip is meant to be slotted into a slot then turned 90 degrees but this doesn't seem physically possible! Or can the white clip be prised out from the car body, put into the black trim (and rotated 90 degrees) then shoved back onto the car body?

4. My Vertec Manaray Sport wheels are going quite nasty (see "skankywheel.jpg") - it looks like the lacquer on the silver parts is chipped or something, resulting in this crack type effect. Is there a simple way to try and tidy them up without having to dismantle the wheels?!

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Ice

bootplastic.jpg

annoyingclip.jpg

skankywheel.jpg

The plastic cover inside tailgate just pulls off. Start by undoing both sides and then work your way round the top edge nearest the rear screen and finally unclip the bottom edge nearest the tailgate latch. That's how I did mine when I changed the rear wiper motor.

The laquer on the wheels has been knackered by brake dust and/or salt. they'll need sanding, polishing and relaquering.

iDunno about the fuse and clip, sorry.