The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-spoilered

ROCKETMAN

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, thats another one in the club, I realy think it makes it look more sophisticated with smoother lines, Im on my second tailless and have noticed no differance in handling, though this is my first winter with a TT so Ill have to be a little more carefull around corners.

looks grate.

Bob.

I think it looks good but wonder about the handling (not that I do flat out runs often)

I don't have a degree in vehicle dynamics and down force - but a friends brother was a technician in F1. On road cars he stated that rear wings only have effective downforce above a certain speed. I can't recall the figure but it was around 115 to 120 mph. These days I just can't be bothered of the risk of getting caught driving round corners at 120 plus (being a hypocrite after riding sports bikes for 25 years:eyebrows:).

Just happy my Supra has a smooth 'Brazilian"!!;)

In a straight line or large A road sweeping bends the car sits rock solid at 120. I have bilsteins with brand new Eibach springs.

Cheers Rocketman, just need to dewiper now and I'll be there with the look I want. Schoolboy error not to get it done when I had it despoilered.

Spooky mate, my sentiments exactly. All that cost. Never really noticed how out of place the wiper looks until the spoiler was gone. I might just remove the wiper in the mean time and source a silver grommet or plug to fill the hole if it does'nt look too mickey mouse!?

Love the blending mate. I was just concerned that in the event of a side skirt or rear spat being damaged would the removal/replacement be a bit of a mare?

It would be a complete mare. If someone was to hit my back or side end then I believe my car would effectively be written off (seeing as it is also a non-standard colour). I'm even more careful in car parks and going over speed bumps now. Hopefully no mis-haps will ever happen.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to start this thread up again. I've just de-spoilered and looking to de-wiper too but is de-wipering legal? As mentioned somewhere, some saloons etc don't have a wiper on the back. I might just give my mot guy a call to see if it will pass without one to be on the safe side.

Spoilerless is the way to go IMHO

nice car fella, really like the yellow calipers, just done mine gold again and if someone had have said "id paint them yellow" id have said "are you fookin mad!!!" but having seen yours, i think they look really well, well done on the colour choice:d

Here is an oldish pic when i took the spoiler off. Some veilside spats and possibly lowered a bit more I think it pulls it off quite well. I love the smooth bit that flicks up on the end :D I've had a lot more people looking at the car now. Kids used to look all over the car trying to see what it was now they're even more confused.

Sorry to start this thread up again. I've just de-spoilered and looking to de-wiper too but is de-wipering legal? As mentioned somewhere, some saloons etc don't have a wiper on the back. I might just give my mot guy a call to see if it will pass without one to be on the safe side.

I've de-wipered a couple of my cars and AFAIK it's not illegal to do. I guess it's no different to driving a vehicle which has no rear window (van, etc).

mines de-spoilered and de wipered, and the aerial has been removed too.... its gives the back end a much smoother and cleaner look....

passed through the mot no porblems....

i get alot of attention, as theres no badges.... people wonder what car it is.... good fun...