The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WANTED - MkIV Supra, 6sp TT

slyspark

******Forget it, having had nothing but a nightmare from ppl on here regarding buying a car, spending out money for inspections to take place on a car I was supposed to have first refusal on, only to be called at the 11th hour to be told that someone has offered more than the asking price, I've had enough.

Just purchased a Subaru as I can't take any more of this, just had it with being messed about, each time to my expense, so sod it.

Consequently, no more offers please*****

Hi Guys,

Before I go and get ripped off by some garage or dealer, anyone on here thinking about selling what I'm after?

Been looking for a while now to try and source a MkIV Supra (ideally silver, grey or black) 6 speed manual, Twin Turbo in GOOD condition.

I'm not really after anything that needs any serious degree of work doing to it, I'd like a car that's in good condition (body wise, interior and engine)

Be nice if it had side skirts, spats, standard spoiler, upgraded exhaust (HKS Superdragger, Blitz Nur Spec, etc), HKS SSQV (or similar) BOV, decent alloys, however, these are not as important as the overall condition of the vehicle and I'll be happy to consider anything that has none of the above as these can always be added.

Looking to spend up to about a max of £10k

If anyone can help (or knows anyone who is selling something that fits the bill) please PM me on here, or reply to thread!

Cheers, Rich

****Just to be clear, I'm ONLY interested in 6sp MANUAL cars, no autos, sorry****

*crosses fingers* :)

Rich,

6-speeds are hard to acquire as you know, but keep looking and don't buy the first thing that comes along unless it is recommended by the forum!

£10K is a good sum of money but high spec 6's (with low miles) will go for a few 'K' more;)

Good luck mate

Hi Andrew,

Yea, had a look at a few already, rejected them all too due to various problems, I'd much rather like you say, hold out for the right car

Spose the only advantage there, is the supra fund is gradually increasing all the time I'm not buying one

As for high spec, all the stuff on the list I indicated is only my 'ideal' I'd buy a car without any of the upgrades (as long as it's in good condition) as there's nothing to stop me adding to it later on after all!

Cheers, Rich :)

:mail:

Hi Guys,

Before I go and get ripped off by some garage or dealer, anyone on here thinking about selling what I'm after?

Been looking for a while now to try and source a MkIV Supra (ideally silver, grey or black) 6 speed manual, Twin Turbo in GOOD condition.

I'm not really after anything that needs any serious degree of work doing to it, I'd like a car that's in good condition (body wise, interior and engine)

Be nice if it had side skirts, spats, standard spoiler, upgraded exhaust (HKS Superdragger, Blitz Nur Spec, etc), HKS SSQV (or similar) BOV, decent alloys, however, these are not as important as the overall condition of the vehicle and I'll be happy to consider anything that has none of the above as these can always be added.

Looking to spend up to about a max of £10k

If anyone can help (or knows anyone who is selling something that fits the bill) please PM me on here, or reply to thread!

Cheers, Rich

*crosses fingers* :)

Yes, been looking on his site every few days, he does seem to have some rather nice cars on it, sadly tho, the ones I like the most all say 'SOLD'next to them! lol

Still, Whifbitz site is bookmarked and I'll keep looking till i see something I like, then who knows? Only one I like on there atm is out of my price range sadly!

Don't forget Whifbitz. The cars that Paul gets always tempt me.

Yes, been looking on his site every few days, he does seem to have some rather nice cars on it, sadly tho, the ones I like the most all say 'SOLD'next to them! lol

Still, Whifbitz site is bookmarked and I'll keep looking till i see something I like, then who knows? Only one I like on there atm is out of my price range sadly!

Whic one do you like? I'm always up for a deal within reason of course!

10k should buy you a top-notch J-Spec 6spd TT.

I bought mine ('93, stock, 55k miles at the time) 3 years ago for 10k. Sold it a couple of months ago in vgc (70k miles) for just under 8k (it sold in just a couple of weeks, mind).

The metallic blue one on your site I thought was rather nice, second only to the black one below, which now shows as sold. sadly tho it's out of my price range by a few grand :(

Whic one do you like? I'm always up for a deal within reason of course!

I thought you were coming down to view a Silver Supra. I even had it brought down closer to your neck of the woods but you didn't even have the courtesy of telling me that you no longer wanted to view. Even after I had sent you a message... Sounds like you were wasting other people's time!!!! Remember?

Well, that was the plan, but like you said, you'd advertised it on ebay, was waiting to see if it sold or not and also waiting to see what happened with the current car I was looking at.

I'm so out of pocket now after the last one I looked at I can't now afford your one anyways, same goes for another one I was interested in looking at elsewhere. Time to cut my losses and run. In the time I've spent looking at soops, I've loast a grand in inspection charges, as well as other travel expenses and time of work to go and look and I can't afford (or take) any more of it.

Both you and the other seller were to recieve messages to that effect, but I'm so down on the whole matter now I wanted to wait till tommoz when I might be in a slightly better frame of mind as it;s clearly not your fault and didn't want to take it out on anyone else. My edit to this post was written when I was still really annoyed and upset and I didn't want to repeat the same sort of thing to anyone else.

To clarify, tho I've given up, I can't afford to spend any more money or time trying to get a supra and I can't take another let-down if another one goes this way.

Sorry if you feel I've wasted your time, I want to be very clear in that it has never been my intention to do so.

I thought you were coming down to view a Silver Supra. I even had it brought down closer to your neck of the woods but you didn't even have the courtesy of telling me that you no longer wanted to view. Even after I had sent you a message... Sounds like you were wasting other people's time!!!! Remember?

I know and thanks for the offer. I just don't have the sort of money that you advertise your cars for tho, sadly all the ones I've looked at that you are selling are well out of my price range.

Thanks anyway tho.

sorry to see you didnt buy a supra i did offer you my services and you never contacted me :search:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.