The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK RED AUTO SUPRA 40,000 miles FSH

spackrackman

Its time for something new. I love this car but I find it just to easy to go fast! Not sure what my next car will be but as I have a baby arriving in a matter of days I had better hurry up! before the money is claimed somewhere else.

I have known this car for quite some years now. My best friends mum bought it with only a few miles on the clock and its been serviced in the same garage it was bought from since. Its a local car bought and lived in and around Derby. She passed away about 7 years ago and her husband kept it stored (runnign occasionally) until august of last year where finially he decided to let it go to me. Thus why the milage is so low.

Since I have owned it I had every fluid changed, and have done about 5000 miles. I Have had the car BPU`ed by Paul Whiffin at WHIFBITZ at great expence and since then have only travelled 2000 miles.

Thus this is why I want £10950 for it

I expect people will complain that its too much but there cant be many UK supras have so few miles under its belt.

If you are interested please PM me for any more details

There is a few marks on the back corner of the rear bumper, a pin dent on the rear right wing, a mark on the bonnet at the front and a few paint chips on the front air intake. The wheels do have some kurbing marks which I nearly cried when I did it. Tires have miles and miles left on them interior is spotless and I had a new Oil diff cooler fitted on the last service. I have reciepts for the all the work done. Please look at my garage for pictures.

I live very near to Alton Towers in the Midlands.

Thanks

Jonnie

hi, thanks for the pm,

£12500 does sound like a lot of money, ive just had mark at phoenix take a look at a 54000 mile car in red auto uk model which was on at 11k we had a deal at 10500 but after close inspection it turned out not so good after all, and my consequent lower offer of 8k was not recieved well,

would you be prepared to have the car checked thoroughly ?

and would you be prepared to neg on the price with a proper buyer, no trade no messing if the car is right,

it will take a lot of organising and cost on my part to make sure its checked and ok for me to buy and i am exremely critical..which is why i have asked mark to help me with my search, let me know what you think and you can pm me if you prefer.

thanks

perry

Hi there, I have no problem if you want to get the car checked. You may find things I dont know about. I do know that the MOT on thursday pointed out that my rear pads need changing sooner than later. The price... well I am not in a rush to sell so if you have no intensions of paying anywhere close to what I am asking then maybe you should try else where. I am interested in what you found wrong with the last car you were looking at to end up offering him so much less.

Jonnie

To be honest, a UK with that many miles, I wouldn't budge on the price.. It is worth that easily, just remember its a very low mileage UK car that there isn't many around, if someone wants it then they will have to pay, otherwise they may as well buy a J spec. I'd stick to it mate.. It'll go..

Guest Rash
I am interested in what you found wrong with the last car you were looking at to end up offering him so much less.

Jonnie

Same here.....

Rash

p.s GoodLuck with the sale - as already stated you wont find many UK soops with that mileage and someone WILL buy it - just a waiting game really.

i could be interested at 11-11500 , i am in the south so if you would be prepared to meet at northampton which is an hour roughly away for me and you too if you are in derby, i would like mark to look at it and its not fair really to have him do the whole tab to yours , what do you think.?

i could be interested at 11-11500 , i am in the south so if you would be prepared to meet at northampton which is an hour roughly away for me and you too if you are in derby, i would like mark to look at it and its not fair really to have him do the whole tab to yours , what do you think.?

Are you taking the p1ss?

thanks for the viewpoints, but as some of you are aware i have looked at so many so called good cars and wasted lots of time and money , just goes to show there arent many good ones left out there and if someone has one they are loathed to part with it, that actually makes me very happy...!

all the best with your new arrival when it happens, i may arrange the rip after all.

Are you taking the p1ss?

pmsl..i remember selling a car a while back and the guy asking me to travel to leeds,i sent him 100s of pics,loadsa phone calls,etc etc etc he had the money and was bringing it with him....so i met him and he was a total fekin time waster....i was sooooo close to beating him like a drum!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long have you been looking?

I was looking for about 3 years before I found the right one! It was a black UK manual though! But there are VERY few UK's with that mileage so I would not shift the price at all,

Also, remember these cars are up to 14 years old. I hope you are not looking for perfection. And at 12.5k that isn't gonna happen. At that price and mileage you have the best possible start at making it what YOU want.. If it was around 20k then yes, expect a 'as new' car!

Jonnie

Just a comment, but if the main selling point for the car is that is a low mileage UK spec with main dealer history, wont it be easier to shift if you put it totally back to stock?

I have thought this, but it seems such a waste to undo all the work. I would need to source a smic and exhaust. We shall see! anyone elses thoughts on returning it to stock for sale? agree or not worth the extra money to do it? Friday my baby daughter was born on Friday and seeing that its four in the morning and I am up. I can see that time to do things other than baby stuff and work is going to be limited.

Thanks for the advice I would be interested if other people thought the same and if anyone out there can provide me with a cheap exhaust and SMIC I would be interested to hear.

Thanks.

Oh then there is the wireing for the boost controller and guages to take out. Sounds like hard work and expensive. I would probably be happier spending money on getting a manual gearbox converstion one day and keeping it! Then there really would be no going back!

My left hand gets bored!

Jonnie

I doubt it'd be worth the effort of taking out most of those mods, but certainly going back to the stock UK spec wheels might be an easy option - you should be able to get a decent amount for the Do Luck's...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.