The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ok urgent pas pump help required

alan_blue

hi guys am fitting the pas pump and having a problem when fitting the pulley is touching the banjo bolt and not really showing enough threads. I have tried taking off and trying old pump and that is the same!!!

im not too sure which way the splines go?? do they go on first on last????

any help would be appreciated, there is not enough threads to leave it where it doesnt touch the banjo so am at a loss lol

thanks guys

al

ok guys i managed to fix the pulley problem but i have another one now.

it wont bleed!!!! i keep getting froth in the resevoir so am guessing im still getting air in the system some how. there is a small seep coming from the hose at the top. i want to change the o ring seal and the copper washers on the banjo can anyone help with supply???

cheers

al

some history for you if needed

I have been having the age old whining sound from the pas pump. Thought the pump was shagged so changed it. however it looked in pretty good condition when removed.

I fitted new pump and bled accordingly but failed to get rid of the frothing in the rese or the whining noise.

the noise is not there on start up but comes in around 20 sec later and the frothing starts.

i am thinking i have an air entry in the system or was going to ask you your advice on the filter peircing thing that i have read on previous post???

any help or advice would be great and thanks for your time in reading this

cheers

al

could be drawing in air from where the pipe is leaking, try leaving it running longer till all the foam has gone then turn the steering lock to lock slowly, if that fails you my need to clean the base of the reservoir where the filter is or change the reservoir.