The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vid camara's

Daston

Hey guys

Whats a good camcorder I am looking for something that I can use to tape things like the pod and track days but also mount in the car if needed. Also I will require connecting it to the PC for uploading.

Budget not really an issue but no more than £500

I have a jvc mini dv, model grd340ek, only complaint is the slow focus at night, bought it with 6 tapes for about £150 I think (everywhere else at the time it was £300), just did a search on price runner :) after buying a digi cam magazine and going by the recommendations in the back, this one got a 90% I believe, just have a look at these vids I did with it, bearing in mind both were squashed down to 30mb.

also my preferences were, sound,optical zoom(32x my one)(ignore high number digital zoom, digi zoom sucks),easy of use, and it's sooo easy to use, I also bought a firewire card and cable for £10, thats all you need :)

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/38ab8172-87a4-44df-885f-98d00147bbdd.jpgClick here to see Video

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/e49f4709-b91f-481b-9c66-98ce00fdc6df.jpgClick here to see Video

If you like DVD cameras then go for this, its the newer version of mine :-

Sony DCR-DVD106 Camcorder

CZ Vario-Tessar lens

40x optical zoom

2000x digital zoom

Up to 110 mins continuous recording with DVD + R DL

2.5" LCD screen with touch panel

Stamina 9hrs

DVD-R/-RW/+RW/+R DL compatible

Memory Stick Duo slot

USB2.0

Super Nightshot plus