The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost problem fixed😃

Harvey

I just wanted to share the boost problem I had and what it was as this site has helped me out on numerous occasions😀

It started with having no power in first gear, you could hear the turbo spooling but just didnt have any power. When I got into 2nd there was a slight hesitation but when the second turbo came online at about 3500-4000 revs it really pulled like it should and the same thing in 3rd. It gradually got worse and loss power in all gears but could still hear the turbos spooling but no boost.

It turned out to be a slight hole/slice in what I assume is a vacuum pipe going from the standard BOV to God knows where!!!

It was right next to the metal clamp and on the bottom so nearly impossible to see even with a mirror underneath.

The pictures show the offending pipe removed and it belongs where I have used a piece of braided clear hose as a temporary fix.

I hope this might help someone and would always recommend taking off all vacuum hoses to check for splits as they can be very hard to spot and are usually the cause for boost problems😀

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg