The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any experts on vvti throttle bodies? I have an erroneous tps feed....

Mike B

Hi all,

Just got the vvti throttle sorted courtesy of Ryan an the syvecs ecu and the little bugger is back to defy me again!

Car ran faultlessly since, bar a few self induced niggles, but last week it started and sat at 4k on idle. Since then I could not get her to idle under 4k....

I plugged the syvecs software in and the voltage coming in to the tps feed was 4.5v as idle, which (I could be wrong) seem high, but when I blip the throttle the voltage only climbs when I get the pedal past a certain point, and when I release it does not come back to 4.5v, infact it settles back higher, at 4.9,& then 5.2...

As I understand on the vvti bodies there is a physical side and an electronic side. The electronic side mirrors the physical side. I'm not sure on this, (depending on what you say I may ask Ryan) but the syvecs takes a feed from the vvti throttle from the sensor that measures the physical, then sends a signal back to the body's electronic side to open the throttle to the desired amount.

Could it be my sensor that is faulty? That's where my logic is taking me...

If so, does anyone have any idea where it is on the vvti body and if it is swappable?

Thx all

• 5 months later...

Im no expert but i am converting my throttle to permanent physical control with a conversion kit from japan. this will give you 99% control the only thing the ecu controls after this uprgade is the idle speed only ! I have a thread on this follow the link

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/a80-mkiv-discussion/83895-vvt-i-throttle-control-override-kit.html