The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sequential auto?

philsmith1a

Because the auto box has the manual facility I thought I would be possible to convert the shifter mechanism to sequential i.e. pull back to change up and push forward to change down. Apologies if my terminology is wrong.

Aaah, I know what you mean now, no is the easy answer, the gearbox is electrically controlled... That said, nothing to stop you putting a gearbox computer in and run a paddle shift style with tip style gearlever. That said, the options for doing that are very slim.

Aaah, I know what you mean now, no is the easy answer, the gearbox is electrically controlled... That said, nothing to stop you putting a gearbox computer in and run a paddle shift style with tip style gearlever. That said, the options for doing that are very slim.

A friend of mine is developing that as we speak for the MR2 Auto, which apparently also works with the Supra

A friend of mine is developing that as we speak for the MR2 Auto, which apparently also works with the Supra

I do believe you are right, I suspect it is the same friend that mentioned something in a previous thread regarding an MR2 and a 340E box ;)