The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacing Scorpion T5000

Syed Shah

Hi everyone,

I currently have a T5000 fitted (the orginal Toyota fit on UK cars). I have been burnt by it once in the past - requiring the alarm ECU to be sent back to Scorpion. So now I am using the car a bit more, and knowing the system is less-than-reliable, I want to replace it.

Could someone simply come and swap my Scorpion ECU for that of another alarm/immobiliser? (i.e. Making use of all existing wiring etc)

Or would it require new wiring/solenoids/sensors etc (i.e. complete alarm install).

Thanks!

You will need a complete new alarm system fitted. There isn't really anything worth using from the old alarm. All the original Scorpions were dealer fitted, not factory fitted, and I have seen some really bad installations. - That's not to say they all were, but definately some are less than favourable.

Modern alarms are far more reliable, just make sure you choose a good installer that can tell the difference between immobilising the car, and immobilising the dashboard! ;)

You still doing this kind of work Matt? Would feel relaxed with you doing the work. But a lot of installers do very low quality work (annoying when you cannot do it yourself).

And as Foodfreak says, nice to see you still lurk the boards. :-)