The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air Con System

Phil Wall

Guest Martin F

A\C Amplifier is one of the boxes on top of the stereo.

It's quite easy one is a small box which is the antenna relay and the other is the A\C amplifier. Look for loose plugs first.

Quote: from Phil Wall on 8:11 pm on April 11, 2002[br]I was checking over a friends car,  the aircon is not working correctly.  The diagnostics suggest a number of things including the switch.  I just wanted to check all connections were sound, before going any further.

You need someone to come along and vacuum the system. You might find a leaky flexy hose or something. Problem with air-con systems is you can have a very slight leak for ages and the system will still function okay until, one day, the pressure-switch cuts out.

I'm assuming the system has worked. If so, first thing to check is whether there is gas in it. Okay, maybe a connector fell off but first thing I would check is the gas. I you can't find the leak then get the air-con guy to stick some dye in the system.

Good luck,

J  

That's what happens. Something to do with "gas law" haven't a clue exactly. But it's like when you have a spray-can and pressure is fairly constant until right at the end where suddenly pressure drops off. It's the same with air-con.

Yours,

J