The mkiv Supra Owners Club

toad alarms

fizzle

i had the worst night last nite popped into town, parked up outside m8's flat set alarm. not good area but could see car from window, all is well..

left about 10pm on way to pub, tried to get in car to move to better part of town, pressed button but nothing, light is flashing so battery fine jus wont unlock or disarm. tried pressing buttons holding em etc etc but no joy. can unlock manually but alarm jus goes of, not to the amusement of local inhabitants!

panic sets in, no chance in hell im leavin it there. ring m8 to look for alarm reset codes on the net, half way thru battery dies. after an hour im extremely vexed, and its -5. m8's all gone to pub im no closer to getting anywhere!

leavin it is not an option so start thinkin about setting up camp for the night in the supra. maybe if i sit still alarm wont go off? wrong! so decide to remove valuables ipod, stereo and go looking for a payfone. as im doing so the door flings open and im confronted by a toy copper (cso) who tries to arrest me for stealing my own stuff, i try to explain but he's having none of it, show him the keys etc still nothing... so runs thru all the usual name check bollox, finally verifying everything good! by this time its been 1 1/2 hours in the freezing cold my feet are numb, and im not best pleased..

realising how miffed i was the old bill let me use his mobile to ring my m8 to come pick up, who arrived about 15mins later.

whilst explaining to him the events of the night, i pressed the button on the remote, and bugger me... it unlocked the car and disarmmed the immobiliser as if it had been fine all along and i'd made the whole story up...

so all in all complete waste of a saturday nite!

does anyone know how to reset toad alarms just in case this happens again?

Gutted! I bet you almost lost it with the CSO

u have no idea how much i wanted to throttle him. comments like "leave it overnight it only an Lreg " and "u should get a mondeo m8, u wouldnt get these problems".. only assisted the rage[ANGRY][/ANGRY]

u have no idea how much i wanted to throttle him. comments like "leave it overnight it only an Lreg " and "u should get a mondeo m8, u wouldnt get these problems".. only assisted the rage[ANGRY][/ANGRY]

I would have very nearly told him he should get himself a proper police job and he wouldnt have to deal with these problems