The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electrical Power Dips

Dark Angel

I'm experiencing what seems like electrical power outs or short dips (worst was for 4 seconds when I lost all power to the car, lights dashboard, acceleration - then jumped back in).

Can only say that somtimes when hitting the break the main beams dip as do the dash lights. This has been happening for a few months now.

Any ideas? Good news it passed its MOT ;)

Sounds like a rather dodgy ground.

If you look here there's a section on where all the electrical grounds are. If you're any good at reading electrical diagrams you can work out which grounds are related to which systems, but seeing as your having full system wide problems, it may well be worth checking as many as you can get to....

Regards

I had a similar issue where I would be driving along and its like the car was turned off and on again, turned out to be a dodgy imob and in the end killed my starter motor as it engaged whilst driving down the M23.

Not good, pulled over with lots of smoke coming from the engine bay, when Chris W replaced it, it was a molten mess.

:devil:

Holy :taped: Sounds bad, not got the electrical skill personal for this - thinking it might be related to the removal of my Stereo system, although it did start prior to that - pretty sure I isolated the whole system.

Last power out was the worsed down the M25 a full 4/5 seconds of outage, slowing down in outside lane then jumped to life again...

Guess I'll have to take it to Woodcock Hill Service Station.. one thing after another, just want to sale the damn thing ;)

Cheers for advice guys.. :thumbs: