The mkiv Supra Owners Club

to all you veilside/other body kitted supra owners

Craig Sawyer

I am looking at various aftermarket front bumbers to compliment my Supra. Before the Supra I had a MR2 Turbo with a rediculously big body kit on. It was so low (and more importantly, so long out in front of the front wheels) that I couldnt go over speed bumps, go down dips that met a flat road (as most petrol stations do!) and multistorey car parks were out of the question!!

Do you have these problems? Do you have to plan your route to avoid speed bumps and changes in road angles? can you park in multistorey car parks? (Paul Whiffin, this counts for your sexy, but low looking, aftermarket bumper!!)

Cheers

Craig

95 MKIV TT Silver

Hi Craig,

I have the Erebuni 275 kit fitted to my Supe and its also been lowered by about 40mm. I find I can get over most speed humps if I slow right down, and can park in most multi-story carparks as long as the ramps aren't too steep! I tend to only use car parks I have been in before in my other car where I know i'll be OK as by the time you get to the first ramp and see its too steep you are commited (its a bit tricky reversing thru the entry barrier when there's a queue of traffic behind you). If I'm going somewhere I haven't been before, i use the surface car parks.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi there,

With one of my bumpers on you do have to be careful yes but you can get over speed bumps without it scraping, but you do have to go over them really slowly. This is the sacrifice you make for the fantastic looks the bumper has. My car has 19" wheels and Eibachs lowering springs fitted and I have 4" ground clearance, any less would be a problem.

Cheers

Paul

I also had an MR2 Turbo before my supe and ripped the front off of that all the time. When I bought my supra it had a poor quality fibreglass nosecone on it which scraped *everything*, there was less than an inch clearance off of the floor at the front.

Then when I had a little bump a year ago I trashed the nosecone and now my Supra has a standard nosecone on but with one of Paul Whiffin's lower lips on it, theres loads more clearance and the car doesn't scrape on anything AND its easy to fit - I would highly reccomend. I also fitted black mesh and a second set of fog lamps which I think finishes it off nicely.

Pic here:

http://www.msmcws.demon.co.uk/si_supra/sup2002_1.jpg

SJ