The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track day at Spa

monkey3

Europe track days are more relaxed in general.

Personally I don't like it. In the UK its on the right and by consent not into corners etc etc

At Spa anything goes really, left, right in the middle of a corner. The last day I was there a complete tit in a £250 bag of crap was hooning about all morning and I said early on in the day he's going to cause an accident - in the afternoon he put a £200k ferrari into the wall, as he lost control overtaking it round a corner!

Javelin, or book a track are normally quite good. If your looking at track day insurance try A-Plan they were quite reasonable and did agreed value insurance.

Europe track days are more relaxed in general.

Personally I don't like it. In the UK its on the right and by consent not into corners etc etc

At Spa anything goes really, left, right in the middle of a corner. The last day I was there a complete tit in a £250 bag of crap was hooning about all morning and I said early on in the day he's going to cause an accident - in the afternoon he put a £200k ferrari into the wall, as he lost control overtaking it round a corner!

Javelin, or book a track are normally quite good. If your looking at track day insurance try A-Plan they were quite reasonable and did agreed value insurance.

Great, I'll add those to the list to check out.

We're not terribly worried about the cars (I'm NOT taking the supe, no way), as we're buying a few hot hatches specifically for the trip. But we want to bring them back in one piece and I'd prefer to stay in one piece as well.

Great, I'll add those to the list to check out.

We're not terribly worried about the cars (I'm NOT taking the supe, no way), as we're buying a few hot hatches specifically for the trip. But we want to bring them back in one piece and I'd prefer to stay in one piece as well.

Thats just one example and its not always like that. You will have an ace time and Spa is a technical but awesome track. Just have your wits about you when some M3 on slicks or GTR approaches at significantly higher speed than you.

I adopt the UK rules and indicate and pull out of the way TBH

Thats just one example and its not always like that. You will have an ace time and Spa is a technical but awesome track. Just have your wits about you when some M3 on slicks or GTR approaches at significantly higher speed than you.

I adopt the UK rules and indicate and pull out of the way TBH

Yeah, having done a few UK track days in a very competitive car, I did "the ring" in a slooooow car and it was terrifying.

I just have to remember that, after driving it a million times on Forza, I can't take Eau Rouge flat out.

Yeah, having done a few UK track days in a very competitive car, I did "the ring" in a slooooow car and it was terrifying.

I just have to remember that, after driving it a million times on Forza, I can't take Eau Rouge flat out.

You wont either, Its scary as. I tried all day to keep the speed on and failed miserably each time :D

Last time I was at Spa we used Goldtrack. They limit numbers and standard was good. Not the cheapest but very professional. There were all types of car and everyone behaved well but went fast. Maybe not the track for a hot hatch as it is a high speed circuit. Supra would be more suited to Spa

Last time I was at Spa we used Goldtrack. They limit numbers and standard was good. Not the cheapest but very professional. There were all types of car and everyone behaved well but went fast. Maybe not the track for a hot hatch as it is a high speed circuit. Supra would be more suited to Spa

This weekend is going to be research weekend so another one to add to the list. Thanks.

Definitely won't be taking the supe for a number of reasons but there are a few of us and we'll all be buying the same hot hatch so even if we're all thrashing the absolute granny out of them it should still be fun. We're then going on to the 'ring for further shenanigans. :)

This weekend is going to be research weekend so another one to add to the list. Thanks.

Definitely won't be taking the supe for a number of reasons but there are a few of us and we'll all be buying the same hot hatch so even if we're all thrashing the absolute granny out of them it should still be fun. We're then going on to the 'ring for further shenanigans. :)

Yeah if your that way, you might as well head to the ring. Just check the opening times. The non-motorway route is a very fun drive. Head out of SPA on the A27 the come off on the N659. Take a look on google maps you will see what I mean

"Yeah, having done a few UK track days in a very competitive car, I did "the ring" in a slooooow car and it was terrifying."

Bet it wasn`t as slow as mine, I used a Mazda 323, all of about 90hp.

Err...

We bought 3 cheapies for under £200.

Ours was a 1.2 corsa, 74 horses when it was new.

Thanks for that one.

The main issue, because we want to do the ring and spa within a few days of each other, is to try to find days that coincide at the 2 circuits.

There are not that many days that work (I think we've found about 5 or 6 weekends in the whole year that can work and we can only do 2 of them).