The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power steering reservoir hose what size?

twijesiri

HI All,

My Supra NA-TT is stuck out side my Dad's place at least 20 miles from me, as i need to replace the Power steering reservoir hose. The dumb thing is as i am back at home now I don't have the hose with me and I don’t know the size of it. Is there any one that does and if so knows where i could get one on a Sunday afternoon.

cheers Sean

10mm (3/8") ID. Not sure you'll get anything today though.

cheers , thats great...

I was thinking about buying a length of silcone hose from halfords and cutting down to size. I know there is a big bend in the standard P/S hose. But i am hoping that if i use a silcone hose and bend that i should not get any kinks in the hose.

sean

Hi All,

umm I had no luck finding the right size silicon to fit the P/S hose. So i thought i would just call Toyota and explain to the problem and get the part sorted. Ohh my god what a hassle, "sorry we don't have a record of you, your license plate, your car, what is a supra is it a corrola or chassis number and we cant order parts on costumer description as we might get the wrong thing.

is there any one out there that has a part number for P/S hose pictured above ?

Please this would really save me some time if i could order this today.

thanks Sean

Guest Budz86

Or call Steve Manley at Oxford Toyota. He will know the part number and won't need any details of your car except TT/NA and JDM/UK.

01865 291330 - Part's dept.

I don't think you can use standard silicone hose for PS, it has to be lined with polythemascksutbnkiodhjelite :D

I'm in the same boat at the moment but my PS hoses are not standard as I have an aftermarket cooler. I found one place that does them in 9.5mm, but hopefully, with a bit of elbow grease, I'll be able to stretch them on.

Hi Guys,

Thank you all this is all very helpful... Steve at Toyota thinks i could try a similar part from a Cecilla and at £7 i will try that first failing that merlinmotor sport seems like a good choice!

again thanks for every ones help so far, i will keep you posted.

Sean

One thing.... are you sure that it's the hose? On my GS, the power steering cooler (just a piece of pipe, like the Supra cooler) was corroded near the end. I was able to cut the corroded bit off and re-attach the hose.

Hi Mate,

i took the hose off and saw straight thew it!:)

But thanks for the heads up

Sean

It also says this in the "Extra Information" section at the bottom of the page (more than a little confusing.....) - -

Unsuitable for: Oil - Fuel & Power steering fluid

I just phoned them, that tab at the bottom of the page is generic and does not apply to the flouro lined hose which I linked to. the hose will be fine for PS fluid.

Its worth noting. that the hose length and the section that I removed from my car is 70cm, which means the link to the merlin website hoses will not be long enough.