The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance offer insult

alan_blue

ok i got my offer from the theft of my supra toady and what an insult!!! £3500 ffs!!!!! for a 95 tt auto import in mint condition and it really was.

as you may tell im livid!!!!

can anyone offer any advice on complaining or where i stand legally to try and get more as im sure you will agree it is way under!!!

thanks guys

al

Never accept the 1st offer. The ins co can make upto 3 offers IIRC. The 1st offer is ALWAYS very low

They usually do this based on the Glasses guide price.

If you don't have an agreed value then I would get examples of similar cars with similar mods for sale from several sources ie autotrader,japcar mags and the for sale forum here and approach them with a value and examples of what you think your car is worth.

I was in a car accident about 4 years ago. My foot was crushed as a result requiring a lot of metal putting it back together. So i claimed on the drivers insurance for that. First offer was something like 3k. Just refused it and they then offered 7k the next day. Seems like standard practice to refuse first offers always. They go on the assumption that most people just take what they get offered.

Never accept the 1st offer. The ins co can make upto 3 offers IIRC. The 1st offer is ALWAYS very low

They usually do this based on the Glasses guide price.

If you don't have an agreed value then I would get examples of similar cars with similar mods for sale from several sources ie autotrader,japcar mags and the for sale forum here and approach them with a value and examples of what you think your car is worth.

SPOT ON. when my wife did her wrx(2005) 1st offer was £7750she got 10,450 in the end:D we gave 9250;)

I had a similar experience years ago.

The insurance guy said "you can get a replacement for the price that we offered". I sent copies of adverts for similar age / mileage / condition cars and asked him to counter that evidence with his own.

Of course, he couldn't. I ended up with nearly double their first offer.

They're just trying it on to see if you bite.

Hold out and keep pushing.:)