The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gunmetal/quicksilver supra owners

hogmaw

i personally don't use T-cut at all on the Supe but generally prefer Meguiar's stuff.

the 3 stage option seems pretty good and if your paint is particularly bad you could always use the clay bar.

ps

my car is red but noone else seemed particularly forthcoming so thought i'd offer my opinion. HTH.

This is an review from a T-cut customer about Car Plan T-Cut Color Fast, not me! I'm using Auto glym:

I have had T-cut in my car care kit for five years now and would be in trouble without it. I first bought it to put the shine back onto my first car, then to repair some damage after another driver reversed into my car and most recently to remove spray paint from my car.

RESTORING THE PAINTWORK

T-Cut can really bring back the shine to your car, especially when you are trying to sell your car and need to distract the buyer from the large rust hole in the passenger side wing. Didn't work to distract the buyer, but he was impressed by the shine in the rest of the paint work.

COVERING SCRATCHES.

With my second car, I was crossing a junction and passed behind a stationary car. They didn't see me and reversed back into my rear door. The damage was largely superficial and only left a few scratch marks and some rubber from the bumper. I used a cloth to clear off some of the rubber and clear the dirt off. Once it dried, I used T-cut to clean it further and cover the scratches. Unfortunately, the T-cut exposed the metalwork underneath and left a few bare spots.

T-CUT and RESPRAYS

I spoke to a garage and they suggested spray painting the lower portion of the door. This would restore the door to the previous standard and as the other driver was paying for it, I said OK. They sprayed the area and it reacted with something in the T-cut. This meant that the paintwork was now worse than before. The only option was to "barcode" the area and paint on top of this. So be warned, don't use T-cut to cover up scratches if you might have to respray the area if it doesn't work.

REMOVING SPRAYPAINT

I recently went to my car one morning to find that some vandal had decided my car could use some redecorating. Suffice to say, I wasn't too impressed and after the police had taken the details and a few pictures, I popped to Halfords for some T-cut. It took about and hour and a fair bit of elbow grease, but the T-cut cleared all the spray paint from the bodywork and left no evidence. Well, other than a really shiny car.

CONCLUSION

T-cut is a great product and can restore your cars paintwork to its original shine. I would recommend that everyone has a bottle in their possession. Be sure to mention that you have used it to a the bodyshop if you need to.