The mkiv Supra Owners Club

removing Charcoal canister.

AndrewIV

I am in the States so emissions are not really a problem. Will I gain or lose anything from removing the charcoal canister other than losing a little weight? I pulled it and the car is running the same. there is no vacume in the hoses and no vapor coming from them either. If I keep it off are there any bad effects?

Yeah it doesnt really weigh that much. Whats kind of weird though after I removed it the car seems to have a bit quicker throttle response. Maybe its just me searching for a reason to justify spending the 5 minutes it took to remove it. O I figured out how to do a bypass but I dont think I removed everything from the entire system. I just bent one of the lines that went into it and hooked it back to where the other line came out.

What is the way to bypass it on mkiv.com?