The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi throttle and fueling (Larger injectors)

Alex

Does anyone know what the impact would be of screwing in the bump stop on the throttle on the cable side with a FlybyWire throttle??

There is a screw you can wind down with adjusts the point that the APP (Pedel Sensor - the one with the cable on it) stops. With the engine switched off, winding the screw in open the throttle, just a smidge, winding it back closes it more.

My question is, with the ETCS-i (FlybyWire) just ignore this increased opening and still shut the throttle plate properly or will it infact shut to the point I've adjusted it too and allow more air through the TB on lift off to give her more time to clear her lungs of fuel as it appears that if I give it a decent blip of the throttle the engine just fills with fuel as soon as the throttle closes. (The fueling is fine...till the throttle closes, it like it closes too fast for the fuel system?

Or will it just have a fit and pass out as per usual?

Does anyone else with a VVTi and 650cc+ injectors have this issue? If not then why should I get it? Is it my map? Can't see how...when the throttle is lifted and registers 0% TPS then it should be limited to injecting only 1v's worth of fuel via the Anti-stall...could I be strangling it too much so that tries to counter me strangling it? Would this not be an issue with a recirculating BOV?

Not good..

Ive been down this route before and it took me hours to fix it...

You CAN make the car idle higher BUT the ECU takes over all the time.. Sometimes on start my car would rev stupidly high.. 5000 ish...

It was really hit and miss.. I had to after lots of trial and error bring it back to 500 - 600 ish..

Mine does the same Alex,

I've tried adjusting the stop........bloodly ECU ignores it:(

Too clever for it's own good eh...why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll physically wedge something in the way ;) :p Or file the TB slightly lol

This shouldn't be too hard to sort....it's when quick rev changes are made..ie blipping upto 2,500rpm and then releasing completely...it's one of three issue's...

Either the BOV is letting the MAF'd air out of the system too easily

Or the throttle is closing too much too fast to allow enough air in to clear the fuel

Or the injectors arn't shutting fast enough - either because they are too slow or the ECU/Piggyback controlling them is not send doing it's job quickly enough.

Obviously the ECU is the prime cadidate....but I wonder if that's in the mapping...cause say this throttle doesn't close to 0% straight away, but hangs at 2%....for that 1/2sec or so my piggyback is set to just deliver -30% fuel...where as the antistall cuts in below 1% and then strangles the voltage down to 1v from say 1.8v (that the MAF was registering).

Maybe I need to get more aggressive with the AntiStall and use say 3% TPS but from 2000rpm up. Hmmmm....

There must be a way to sort this out...Anyone spot me for an eManage Ultimate ;) :p (or an Fcon V Pro - I'm not fussy ;) )

I think it is the ECU not shutting the Throttle right down,

& remember I'm not running a MAF.

It allways seems to insist on running Stoich closed loop, no matter how much fuel you dial in / take out( I've tried 30% too much as a test, bloody thing pulled it right back)

I don't think it's the injectors not shutting fast enough, my R-Vit shows duty cycle is 0 as soon as my foot's off the pedal.

Also Alex I've got TPS enrichment at 0% up to 2.0k

Hmmm ok thanks for that...I'll try an aggressive AntiStall tactic on the e-Manage to see if that helps or hinders.

I'm running 0% reduction at idle, and the ECU hates it if I try to reduce the fueling to a value more like the rest of the map...wierd. Yet the cold start requires about a -20% correction. Which really messes the map up :)

FWIW - I took the APP off on monday and gave it a clean....on pulling it apart the only dirt I could see was on the springs but I made sure I doused everything in cleaner. The springs on mine had been covered in that 'orrible white grease spray, now they have nothing but duck oil on them. But cause the actual unit wasn't dirty I don't expect much of an improvement in the FBW failing issue I've had. The TPS adjustment will be done on Thursday when I can get my hands on a needle based multimeter. I have the pages on the TPS setup printed and ready to go :)

Thanks for your help. Can anyone sub me for a Emanage Ultimate ;)