The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Lights

Vaughany

Hi everyone, recentluy bought some uk head lights for my Supra, trimmed, fitted the j-spec holders etc and fitted, looks great but SH*T, one of the bulbs has gone

Please advise where the best place to buy the repalcement is, i phoned Mr Toyota but they seem a bit expensive. Do Halfords provide the following.

Not sure the exact name of the light but I think it is the parking light, in the cluster of 4 it is the lowest one in teh headlight that fits shines through the longer thinner lens.

Does anyone have a part number etc and an alternative place to purchase other than Toyota. Also does the bulb just change or do you need to re-wire connectors etc.

cheers

Halfrauds have it mate - It's listed on the reference guide.

Is it the bulb that comes on with the first position of the light switch?

It's held on by a long plastic bit that you twist out from the main unit. I think it's a push fit bulb.

Halfords will deffo have it - The UK supra is listed and they have all the bulbs (bulb 501). That tiddly side light is probably the same as jap anyway. I don't think it should be more than £2.

You can get uprated:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/home.php?cat=597

They also do coloured LED versions

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.php?productid=16366&cat=0&bestseller

Ro

it is the one that is attached to the long plastic bit, excellent news if they sell them at Halfords and they are easy to fit
If it's the small bulb that's on the end of the loooong plastic thing it's not simple to fit. I had to remove the headlight to change mine. Not that removing the headlight is difficult but it seems ridiculous just to change a bulb.

Hi Jake, i was planning to remove the llight anyway as it is the near side headlight and it is a pain to work in there with the battery anyway. My concern was with actually changing teh bulb, does the bulb just pull out of the plastic connector?

I am sure it will be stiff but I dont want to pull it if it aint meant to just pullout. My problem I always end up breaking something the first time i do it.