The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear brakes: J-spec or UK-Spec?

irfan_habib

The pictures show my rear brakes, alloys are 17 in. Supe is a J-Spec 95 Auto TT. I know my front brakes are UK spec, can anyone tell me whether the rear ones look like UK or J spec ones. I'm not sure how to tell, measure the diammeter? What should it be? I think they are the J-Spec ones.

The reason I ask is that I need to replace all my break pads and front break discs. Am considering swapping the rear brake discs too, and if they are still the J-spec ones am considering upgrading to the UK spec ones.

What do you reckon, is it really worth doing this, in terms of braking benefits over cost of upgrading them.

Rear Brakes 1.JPG

Rear Brakes 2.JPG

Should be awarded for taking a photo of the rear calipers in the most awkward position, with the spoke in front of it. Especially with those lovely big gaps between them..... :thumbs:

.....and the googlemeister is correct - UK's.

I know... Had considered moving the car and taking the pics again, but then it started raining so decided not to bother...

They are uk spec, trust me i have ordered wrongly in past and only found out when car was in the air on a ramp with all stripped off, dohhhhhhhh ........ am now trying to get rid of j-spec disks on e-bay, what a numpty.......

The rear j-spec pads however fit the uk spec caliper :dontget:

my disks http://home.btconnect.com/mkivsupra/JAE05/DSCN1067.JPG

supplied by 3g made by brembo, think they are good value.... :shrug:

tt steve.

Me neither :(

holly crap! i took it to jap fest with those on, neeeeeed to check this, they do clunk a bit when braking in reverse after breaking forward, i thought this was them rocking slightly in the calipers???. my saxo does it as well?? Do ebc pads do it or iam i a pill up waiting to happen??. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

tt steve.