The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cam belt changing :)

BROARDSIDE

You can't get the lower plastic cover off until you're taken the crank pulley off.

The whole job is quite straightforward once you're got the crank pulley off. Getting at the back bolt of the cambelt tensioner is a bit of a pain. all in all, it's not too bad a job really.

You can't get the lower plastic cover off until you're taken the crank pulley off.

The whole job is quite straightforward once you're got the crank pulley off. Getting at the back bolt of the cambelt tensioner is a bit of a pain. all in all, it's not too bad a job really.

Youll need to look at http://www.supraforums.com. They have all teh answers... the starter technique works well, but I build my own tool.

Youll need to look at http://www.supraforums.com. They have all teh answers... the starter technique works well, but I build my own tool.

Yeh Its really straight forward once the crank pully is off but nobody has mentioned the world of pain you will suffer getting that pulley bolt undone if its a tight one!!!

I exhausted all the known methods to crack the nut off (every trick in the book) and it laughed in the face of a 1/2 and 3/4 buzz gun!!

Finally i had to purge my ac system remove radiator and using a 1" drive buzz gun as used in off shore industrial work and the same size compresser used to run groundworking equiptment the little $h!t finnaly gave up the will to hang on!

The rest was easy!Good luck :clap:

Just a bit of info incase you didnt know ..you can get the harmonic balance puller from machine mart world for 18 quid.

Got a part number or something please Andy? I just know that if I go down Machine Mart and ask for a "harmonic balance puller" they won't know WTF I'm on about.