The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coil pack wires

robtup

Car started running bit rough every now and then shortly after fitting new coil packs so figured I may of disturbed some thing whilst fitting them so retraced my steps and found broken insulation around a couple of wires just befor the coil packs.

Just wondering if other people have had this problem and how they solved it.

Looked on whiffbitz and I can replace a section of the wire but I'm worried about the rest of the wire.

Thanks in advance Rob

Car started running bit rough every now and then shortly after fitting new coil packs so figured I may of disturbed some thing whilst fitting them so retraced my steps and found broken insulation around a couple of wires just befor the coil packs.

Just wondering if other people have had this problem and how they solved it.

Looked on whiffbitz and I can replace a section of the wire but I'm worried about the rest of the wire.

Thanks in advance Rob

/QUOTE]

I redid the wiring from the spark igniter unit to each coil pack. Bought a load of supplies from an auto electrical supplier online and made a new loom up. I found it was the wiring in the plug well area that was brittle though. To make the job easier just buy new connectors and redo the wiring to the new wiring tails.

I redid the wiring from the spark igniter unit to each coil pack. Bought a load of supplies from an auto electrical supplier online and made a new loom up. I found it was the wiring in the plug well area that was brittle though. To make the job easier just buy new connectors and redo the wiring to the new wiring tails.

Ok cheers mate