The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supra speedometer questions?

supra_24

Hi guys,

Just picked up my Supra from Whifbitz and have a few questions regarding the speedometer and mileage.

Long story short the car was originally a 5-speed NA and has now had a Twin turbo UK spec engine put in instead.

All seems to work fine in the car so far.

However the speedometer I believe is not correct, as when I was doing around 80mph on the motorway home, the speedometer was reading 140. Even going through 40mph zones the meter was reading a higher figure etc.

Would this be to do with it being in Kilometers? As the mileage of the car is currently set in Kilometers?

How easy is it to rectify the speedometer and change to MPH?

And how easy is it to change the mileage to miles?

One other thing, I have a stage 3 clutch in the car, which Whifbitz did mention is for race applications. However on the way home when I was trying to head off in 1st gear from a standstill the car seemed to make a rattle noise, I presume this would be my fault with not putting enough power through, as its all new to me?

Any help regarding this would be much appreciated as the speedometer is a real pain when trying to judge what speed im at in 30mph zones lol.

Regards

Ash

So just to confirm, the problem with the speedo is definitely because of it being in kilometers?

And just needs converting?

The speedo goes up to 180, which is correct for a tt right?

Just wanted to make sure as i wasn't sure whether it may be a mixup because of the tt engine with NA setup etc.

Regards

Ash

Thanks for your help bud. Just been messaged by my mechanic and he has told me it is reading high due to.it being in kilometers.

So will need it converted.

Will have to see if my local garage Horsham Developments can do the conversion.