The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OBD II Scan Software Q's

Matt B

Not sure if this should be here or not so mods feel free to move it if you wish..... Like I could stop ya..:D

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone knows of or reccommends any OBD II scan software which will work with the Soop? :confused: After my issue with the knocking I need some some software which will log when the standard ECU starts to pull the timing. This will be very useful as I'm just trying to work out if the ECU is doing it's job properly at the moment.

I know this is available for other cars but am not sure if it is around for the J spec Supra.

Thanks all. :)

Hi Matt,

mp3car.com has a few discussions on this, so it may be worth popping over there and doing a search if you already havent, or even post a new topic on it if you dont find anything. I did this quick one here.

Im not contracdicting Dude (he's a little more likely to know than I!!) but there appears to be a few sites that may help.

These allege that they work with Asian models of car, though Id guess you'd need to buy their dongle as well.

http://www.obddiagnostics.com/index.html

http://www.obd-2.com/#new

Matt

Techtom do a unit that works with the OBD-I. It displays timing and all sorts of other things. I don't think it datalogs but it would give you some picture of what the ecu is doing. Envy had some for sale a while back. I think they did a unit for the OBD- ii as well?

Just a thought if the datalogging stuff isn't suitable.

Cliff