The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R154 from a mkiii doner

jackso11

Been looking at lists of parts needed on various posts but can't get things clear.

If I have a mkiii turbo that is fitted with a r154 box, is the only thing I need extra to convert my auto mkiv to a manual the shifter extension? I.e. I can get everything else I need from the mkiii?

List is quite extensive goes alittle like this R154 BOX - Bellhousing to suit 1JZ - 2JZ as the mk3 wont fit - propshaft will need modifying - decent clutch as the mk3 will not handle the mkiv power - shifter extenstion - gearbox mounts will need to be mixed and matched - all the slave cylinder and im unsure if the mk3 line fits mkiv and pedals from mk3 probably wont fit mk4 then you will need to get a converter for the speed sensor as mk3 is mechanical and mk4 is electrical.

Flywheel from mk3 will bolt to the 2JZ but most likely get a lightweight flywheel as the mk3 stock is very heavy.

• 2 weeks later...
List is quite extensive goes alittle like this R154 BOX - Bellhousing to suit 1JZ - 2JZ as the mk3 wont fit - propshaft will need modifying - decent clutch as the mk3 will not handle the mkiv power - shifter extenstion - gearbox mounts will need to be mixed and matched - all the slave cylinder and im unsure if the mk3 line fits mkiv and pedals from mk3 probably wont fit mk4 then you will need to get a converter for the speed sensor as mk3 is mechanical and mk4 is electrical.

Flywheel from mk3 will bolt to the 2JZ but most likely get a lightweight flywheel as the mk3 stock is very heavy.

I am starting my conversion to manual with a R154 kit that i have buy it from a member, :D The kit is complete with belhousing, flywheel, clutch kit, shifter, propshaft, etc. 1: Where can i buy a converter for the speed sensor? 2: My car is a J Spec and i am not sure how to modify the propshaft :( 3: I dont have the clutch pedal... can i use a pedal from another car or i need one from a mk3 or a mkiv? thank you so much for helping me with this!

I am starting my conversion to manual with a R154 kit that i have buy it from a member, :D The kit is complete with belhousing, flywheel, clutch kit, shifter, propshaft, etc. 1: Where can i buy a converter for the speed sensor? 2: My car is a J Spec and i am not sure how to modify the propshaft :( 3: I dont have the clutch pedal... can i use a pedal from another car or i need one from a mk3 or a mkiv? thank you so much for helping me with this!

You can get the speed sensor from Marlin Crawler. Below is the link.

http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/parts-upgrade/vehicle-speed-sensor-mci

For the propshaft you need the front of the r154 prop and that should mate straight up to the rear of your current prop.

You can use the clutch pedals from the mkiv supra.

Mk3 MA70 (7M-GTE) clutch is OK, but I thought the flywheel was different and you need one for a 1JZ-GTE (Soarer, Mk3 JZA70, Chaser, etc).

Yeah that's right the flywheel from a 7m-gte won't fit and will need redrilling to fit which I wouldn't recommend.

As you said you need a 1jz flywheel for the conversion.

You can get the speed sensor from Marlin Crawler. Below is the link.

http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/parts-upgrade/vehicle-speed-sensor-mci

For the propshaft you need the front of the r154 prop and that should mate straight up to the rear of your current prop.

You can use the clutch pedals from the mkiv supra.

Thank you for helping me clarifying what i have to do! I will order right now the Speed sensor from Marlin Crawler! :D

I have the front propshaft of the R154 but i need to modify to fit :( How much will cost me to buy and the second propshaft section to fit the Jspec Diff ?