The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Week of Supra-less

Toytown

Sorry for posting only my second or 3rd message with a moan, but i'm not a happy bunny :mad:

3 weeks ago we looked at a crackin NA supe 95N in white (OK it's white but a really nice clean one). It was on a dealers forcourt.

2 weeks ago we go there & sign on the dotted (got a small business & having it on finance makes sense more than it would if we were employed).

Dealer tells us as it's bank hol monday, it will go to Southampton for SVA on tuesday & come back the following tuesday (tues just gone). Why he has to send them 130 miles to S'h i have no idea, I thought Peterborough did SVA ???

Anyway, we ring him yesterday expecting that it would have come back tues, MOT weds & be awaiting it's reg no from DVLA, probably to be ready Mon / Tu next week.

NO :baa: :baa:

It apparently was coming back YESTERDAY !! (instead of tuesday), & is in for MOT monday, then he has to do the VRO bit.

He said "the end of next week"

BUT !!!

After talking to a friend that has a lot of dealings with imports, he tells me that as from the 1st August, the VRO now make more checks than ever & it could take 4-7 working days :flame Dev

I havn't spoken to the delaer again because I am a bit pi$$ed off now & am likely to go off on one if I get fed bull.

What do you guys think ??

Am I likely to get it Friday next week or is he going to blame it on the VRO & delay it further ?? My wifes Dad goes into hospital 30 miles away next thursday for a week & as we have now not got a car & she struggles with the van, this will be so inconvenient that it's winding me up.

Am i being unreasonable or too impatient ??

I appreciate that a dealer with 20 cars would have to spend a lot of cash doing SVA work on all of them, but if I were in his shoes, I would prefer to have cars sitting there that could be released within a few days.

Basically without asking those that know law, I think he has us by the danglers & he knows it, we have signed for the car & just have to wait until HE sorts all the formalities :flame Dev

Shame cos he's a nice guy but it seems to be dragging on a bit now :angry:

Hi Mate,

I think generally he is probably in the right, he's just not being particularly pro-active.

Your friends right, the first registration for imports is a lengthy process and will probably be a minimum of 4-7 days.

I'm in a very similar boat - i've waited nearly 3 months for my car to be imported, then it got delayed by 3 weeks because of transporter problems and it's now all derestricted and converted, and sitting around waiting for monday to come so that it can be MOTd and registered.

If I am very very very lucky, the agent will get it MOTd and off for registration pronto on monday, and maybe it will come back friday. More than likely it wont be until the middle/end of next week before I can pick her up.

So I guess we just have to be patient, and keep putting the pressure on the companies to do what we are paying them for?

http://www.mediahabit.com/hosted/supra/IMG_0562.jpg

Jay,

Yeah thanx for that m8, appreciated.

i think it's winding me up more because we get pressured by our own customers to produce stuff on the quick & those that are nice smiley people get a really good service from us. The dealer was helpful, straight & a really nice guy & I suppose I just feel a bit let down because now he has a sg on the dotted there's no panic.

Bill .... Yep ;)

I went to look at that car about 3 months ago.

He told me it was off to Southampton that week for the test and if I wanted to test drive it to go back next week.

I never did because I just had a bad feeling about him.

If you have signed up for finance you still have an amount of time to back out of the agreement and surely you won't have signed until you receive the goods.

If you have nothing to lose, walk away.

There are plenty of better Supra's about (that aren't white;) )

I hope this works out for you, as you say it is a nice car and I would think you got a good price as it had been there for so long.

Is the red MR2 with gold wheels still there?

Yep that's the one Bill

Anytihng you spotted that I didn't ??

When i saw it, she looked spotless both inside, out and under the hood.

Drove so well it was unreal.

We only called in on the offchance & I told him I didn't want it because it was a NA, he threw me the keys & told me to go play & I was impressed, seemed nearly as good as my old MK3 T & certainly very comfy.

OK so it's white, but I'm only after a clean reliable car that's a bit unusual, getting to old to go out bird pulling with some bling :gallery:

Toytown: I know exactly how you feel, I run my own business too, and I hate it when I am not treated the way I would treat a customer of my own - especially as I am fair with my charging and some of the people I deal with are making a lot out of me, i'd expect to be treated like royalty!

As I said Toytown, car did seem ok.

Said I couldn't drive it because he didn't have relevant test paperwork.

I found his manner very off as though he didn't want to sell the car.

Plus he slagged off the car I had (Seat Leon Cupra) because he didn't know what it was and made a very insulting px offer.

I too run my own business and as Jay said if you are not treated how you would treat a customer then don't give them your business.

Hope you get it all sorted out.:)