The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car wont turn off propperly?

Chris_k

Car won't turn off propperly everytime.

When i turn the car off and take the key out wait for the turbo timer to turn the car off and some lights stay on on the dash.

Both oil lights, handbreak, seatbelt, fog. The imobiliser also doesnt kick in so i can just put the key in and turn it on which is my main worry. It i turn it on again and turn it off sometimes it wil go off propperly and sometimes not so i have to keep doing it.

I have tried turning the turbo timer off and that doesnt help.

I dont know what to do and its starting to annoy me and next door when i keep turning the car on and off at night.

Please help! :)

Agreed to get rid of the turbo timer mate, even if its off there could be a short somewhere to do with its wiring. They are not a good idea anyway, leaving a hot car to sit there idling expecting it to cool down. You are far better off taking it easy for the last 5 mins of the journey and allowing air coming through the front to cool things down.