The mkiv Supra Owners Club

active spoiler help please..

Guest van_damme_supra

Guest van_damme_supra

hi, i'm fitting my acitve spoiler but i can't find the plugs :( not in the engine bay or behind the radio.. can anyone help me?

tobias

Guest Budz86

Not all Supra's have the plugs mate, only some do. It involves wiring it in yourself. There should be a wiring diagram round here somewhere...

Guest van_damme_supra

thanks, i mounted the spoiler and i'm not sure i've done a good job.. (pics)

i looks like the elbow is to close to the spat to go down..

and also i don't know where to attache the spoilers ends..

maybe i'll see it when i put her back together but i'd like to know before i get there

grtz

P1000285.JPG

P1000283.JPG

P1000282.JPG

Guest van_damme_supra
Or speak to Garfy about one of his manual controllers.

I did my own manual controller from the diagrams - not too bad really, just a couple of relays and lots of wire (also helped that I bugged Garfy for help a lot) :)

thanks, can you check the thread again please? i need some more help :)

The standard undertray on a car without active spoiler is different to the one on an active spoiler car. I believe the one you need has holes to allow for the movement of those arms. To solve the problem in the first pics, you'll need to get the right undertray or remove your current one.

To be honest I can't remember where the side brackets attach - I think it may be to the bumper itself, or, actually, I have a feeling the undertray might be shaped for them to attach to it. It was so long ago I did mine and I did it with the bumper on (which was a nightmare) so the blur of angrily forcing it to fit has clouded my memories of exactly what I did.

I'm away from the car from this evening until Sunday evening but I should have time to have a look and see if I can figure it out after work tonight. I'll let you know either tonight or tomorrow.

Guest van_damme_supra
The standard undertray on a car without active spoiler is different to the one on an active spoiler car. I believe the one you need has holes to allow for the movement of those arms. To solve the problem in the first pics, you'll need to get the right undertray or remove your current one.

To be honest I can't remember where the side brackets attach - I think it may be to the bumper itself, or, actually, I have a feeling the undertray might be shaped for them to attach to it. It was so long ago I did mine and I did it with the bumper on (which was a nightmare) so the blur of angrily forcing it to fit has clouded my memories of exactly what I did.

I'm away from the car from this evening until Sunday evening but I should have time to have a look and see if I can figure it out after work tonight. I'll let you know either tonight or tomorrow.

yeah, sounds like a nightmare :p well i hope i can find an undertray.. will my bumper still fit the undertray then? i have a strange feeling my bumper now allready wont fit anymore.. if i'd live in africa i'd dump the tray but here in belgium it rains to much :complain:

thanks again man

Standard bumpers will fit both the spoiler/non-spoiler undertrays fine. Most of the shape is the same, just with a few tweaks to suit the spoiler. When up, the lip fits snuggly behind the bumper, no problem.

You should be able to pick one up from someone on the forum. Put a post in the parts wanted section and/or PM Keron - he quite often gets stuff like that in.

My car is J-spec and didn't have any of the active spoiler parts - I bought them all separately and retro-fitted them.

Guest van_damme_supra
Standard bumpers will fit both the spoiler/non-spoiler undertrays fine. Most of the shape is the same, just with a few tweaks to suit the spoiler. When up, the lip fits snuggly behind the bumper, no problem.

You should be able to pick one up from someone on the forum. Put a post in the parts wanted section and/or PM Keron - he quite often gets stuff like that in.

My car is J-spec and didn't have any of the active spoiler parts - I bought them all separately and retro-fitted them.

and what about the things on the end of the spoiler? checked that? and the undertray.. is it the same but with cutouts for the arms? then i'll just cut out some material. i cutted out for the bar into the ecu too so.. sry for all the questions but i'm kind of in a hurry to put her back together. it's been so long since i've driven her :(

Guest van_damme_supra
i might have that tray , i will have a look

cheers

that would be awesome! is that your dog on your display? he looks bigger there :p

Sorry for the late response - been a little busy. I had a look at my car last night and the limited amount I could see confirmed the cut-outs for the more central arms. Sadly I couldn't clearly see the side hinges, but from what I could make out, it certainly looked like they were attached to the undertray. The more I think about it the more familiar it seems - I'm fairly sure the active spoiler undertray has raised sections at the side to attach the lip hinges to.

Guest van_damme_supra
Sorry for the late response - been a little busy. I had a look at my car last night and the limited amount I could see confirmed the cut-outs for the more central arms. Sadly I couldn't clearly see the side hinges, but from what I could make out, it certainly looked like they were attached to the undertray. The more I think about it the more familiar it seems - I'm fairly sure the active spoiler undertray has raised sections at the side to attach the lip hinges to.

thanks for checking mate, i guess i'd better start looking for an undertray then :( i hope stefan finds his..