The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BHP per mod

SKI

Is there a link anywhere or does anyone know what BHP increses you would expect to gain with each mod.

At the moment I'm running A UK MKIV TT Auto, Full decat 3'' pipe, TRL VFCD, IK24, HKS BOV, Bleed valve, Hybrid Turbos

Any gestimates on a theoretical 0-60 for the above mods

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

Driver/surface/tyres/weather/suspension/transmission dependant... To name but a few factors

i can appreciate theres loads of different factors but there must be some idea with ideal conditions. manufacturers times are 5.1secs so how much has BPU improved on this

As someone once wrote, "aye there's the rub", y'see you'll never get an ideal condition on the street (the only place we will ever realisticly do a back to back test, unless someone wants to fork out for all the dyno time @ £90/hour) plus the fact that by putting say an air filter on billy bobs car which has had an oil change every other day, and is tenderly cleaned and polished by hugh heffners elite on a daily basis, and generally well looked after may get 20 bhp. If you put it davy smith's car which has never seen a garage since it left toyota some 11 years ago may only produce 2 bhp. (No offence Dave)

Then there's the old what will it do on a UK GZ? What will it do on a Jap RZ-S or a VVTI or whatever?

Basically very difficult to say. I prefere to think of it as small gains and big gains. :)

Air filters etc, = small.

Large Single kit = Big.

I once got stung very badly by a trader saying this kit will produce X BHP against stock. Yeah it did, after I spent double what the kit cost on other components. Now I take all these claims with a pinch of salt.

If someone says I tested my car before I put this on and got X and then tested it afterwards and got Y I would look at it as a trend. Not gospel. And that's my very humble opinion. So there :p

I agree that so many variables such as car weight, transmission, track, tyres, driver, temp, the list is endless all contibute.

But that wasn't my question, (I didn't ask why it wasn't possible to be specific), I simply asked for a gestimate. An approximation, simply "a possible" :)

I'm not knocking the answers so far, I'm very pleased people have taken the time to respond, I'm just interested in a quotable figure (within an acceptable tolerance), so obviously all air box mods are not considered, even a percentage increase would be a rough guideline, then we could ignore all the other conditions becasue it would be car specific.

Insurance companies are VERY keen to know what increase in power mods make, it would be interesting to quote fo that reason alone

Thanks