The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EBV VSV Info

Scott

I'm stripping down the turbo pipes etc and checking bits and bobs as i go. I've just checked my EVB VSV according to this and i have a tiny tiny amount of air flowing from 'E' to 'F'. Its a very very small amount. I wasn't sure if, in the instructions, it meant "flowing" as in easily flowing through or not. It is very restricted, i can barely get any air through it.

Is it ok or is it for the bin? The continuity checks all come back fine and when i stick 12v through it the air flies through it freely.

Just want to know before i put it all back together.

Thanks

Ok after trying all the other VSV's and finding nothing wrong i'm beginning to think this might be my problem. On reading up of the valve it seems that it controlls the pre-spool of turbo 2. The problem i have at the moment is my car boosts fine on the first turbo but when the 2nd turbo should start to spool ALL boost pressure is lost including that of the 1st turbo. Basically after 4000rpm i don't have any boost at all.

Could this be whats causing it?

Is it doing it all the time or when you kickdown / dropdown a gear ?

I repalced that vsv after i had an intermittent problem whereby it would occasionally produce no boost when i dropped down a gear or 2, if you can get a local with a known good vsv and swap over that could eliminate or confirm it as the issue.

I may have one of those in the shed.

Is it doing it all the time or when you kickdown / dropdown a gear ?

I repalced that vsv after i had an intermittent problem whereby it would occasionally produce no boost when i dropped down a gear or 2, if you can get a local with a known good vsv and swap over that could eliminate or confirm it as the issue.

I may have one of those in the shed.

Na its constant, i never get any boost at all from the 2nd turbo.