The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Programming key for keyless entry!

Lacoste82

Evening all! Yesterday i posted in a thread i made some time ago, regarding keyless entry systemm however noone replied!

Im suspect it wasnt the best place, so im making a new thread, as its kinda important for me to know, if anyone has knowledge about how to programm keys for keyless entry system.

So here goes:

I got the remote from http://www.keylessride.com, along with the programming instructions, called activation procedure #645!

However, i cant seem to match the instructions(and the receiver they suggest/think is installed in the Supra - the one under the drivers seath) with the one installed in my mkiv.

Theres a black/white "handdrawn" picture of the receivers box one the paper with the instructions, however, as stated above, it looks nothing like the one found under the drivers seat in my mkiv, as the one they are showing and refering to, has 3 connector slots, no aerial exit and a little programming switch/button on the side of the box(its like a little whole where u press and hold with like a pencil or similar object!) IM really sorry, i would have scanned the instructions, but for some reason, my canon is acting up.

Now, the receiver box, udner the drivers seat in my mkiv has only one connecters slot besides the aerial entry/exit(the antenna one), other than that, it has absolutely no entryes/connectors.

Therefore im thinking the problem could be, well alot of thing, but mainly 3 scenarios comes to mind:

1. That they are refering to another box, than the one under the drivers seat. Could it maybe be the keyless entry ECU they are talking about?

2. The instructions are for the Supras equipped with the RS3000 dealer or port installed option (PIO), not the factory security system(whatever that means!?)

3. As my Supra is a 93 Jap spec. and i ordered the key to one such on keylessride, however u do not type in specific model, could it be ive gotten the instructions for the earlier model from 93(not mkiv)! from Im sorta hoping this is the case!

I know that my questions might not be the easiest the answer, as u guys cant the the instruction, the drawing of the receiver box and all, but im hoping, that maybe someone else has had a similar experience, when trying to get new remotes for the entry system.

As soon as im able to get the Activation procedure scanned, ill post them here so they can be of use for others - But for now, ill just write the 6 steps, maybe someone will know if its actually the right procedure for the mkiv or not, so here goes

Avtivation Procedure #645 Toyota Supra

1. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the ON position(as far as you can go without cranking the engine)

2. Using a pen or pencil, press and hold the receiver PROGRAMMING BUTTON for 3 seconds. The STATUS MONITOR LED or vehicle exterior (tail and marker) lights will light up solid for 5 seconds.

3. Press and release the transmitters TOP or BOTTOM button for one second and release(This should be performed within the 5 seconds that the STATUS MONITOR LED or exterior lights is lit solid)

4. The STATUS MONITOR LED turns off, the vehicle chirs once and/or the exterior lights flash once to confirm succesful programming.

5. Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key

6. Exit the vehicle and test remotes(s) for function

7. To program additional NEW remotes, repeat procedure.

Yep, thats is, thx in advance all, really hoping someone knows alot more than me about this, and is willing share his or hers knowledge :0)