The mkiv Supra Owners Club

aftermarket intake and throttle body queries

hodge

Hey guys

As a part of my single build ive bought a veilside replica intake and 90mm throttle body. ive test fit everything and its a perfect fit. Workmanship is awesome.

Ive just got a couple of queries really.

1) Where do I plum the Vac pipes from the PAS pump as with the stock intake and TB 1 went to the TB and 1 went to the intake.

2) There is holes on the underside for brake servo vac and all stock sensors apart from the intake temp sensor. Is this sensor nessessary if so do I need to drill and tap the intake to house it..

If it makes and odds I will be using an EMU.

Any help would be appreciated cheers in advance.

1) Where do I plum the Vac pipes from the PAS pump as with the stock intake and TB 1 went to the TB and 1 went to the intake.

You need to plumb it in as before, so the IN goes to somewhere in front of the throttle body, you'll probably have to tap into the pipe coming from your intercooler if there's nowhere on the throttle body. The OUT goes to a port on the intake manifold. The PAS pump basically diverts air past the throttle to increase the idle speed when the pump is running and putting a load on the engine.

2) There is holes on the underside for brake servo vac and all stock sensors apart from the intake temp sensor. Is this sensor nessessary if so do I need to drill and tap the intake to house it..

Yes it most definitely is. It wants to be somewhere where it won't suffer too much from heat soak. You can put it in front of the throttle if you want too. E.g. in the intercooler pipe.