PDA

View Full Version : Jap spec rear clusters.

Ray
20-01-04, 22:38
Hi guys,

Just a quick one, i have sourced someone breaking a Toyota supra 93 Jap spec and who has rear clusters, hmm i prefer these over the uk spec. Are they a direct swap? and should my excisting wiring be fine??

Any help appreciated...

ps. the price asked is 80 each? Is that the going rate?? Or am i being ripped off? :conf:

Regards

heckler
20-01-04, 23:20
80 each?! I got a pair of UK's for 90 - apparently I got ripped off... I believe you can buy them new for 65 each new (I'm sure someonw will correct me).

the loom is slightly different as, J-Spec clusters have no fog lights, but they do have two sets of side/brake lights.

Ray
20-01-04, 23:29
Originally posted by heckler
80 each?! I got a pair of UK's for 90 - apparently I got ripped off... I believe you can buy them new for 65 each new (I'm sure someonw will correct me).

the loom is slightly different as, J-Spec clusters have no fog lights, but they do have two sets of side/brake lights.

Yea i like the fact that the j-spec has the 2 sets of brake / side lights.

heckler
20-01-04, 23:32
I used the J-spec ones to convert my UK's to clear indicators... then put the UK's anlong with the loom onto My J-spec supe! - I prefere the look of the UK's with clear indicators...

the only problem with J's is no fog light, you either convert two of the rear brake/side lights to double over as fog's, or bolt a fog light on.... not nice....

CJ
20-01-04, 23:40
80 is a rip off. I recently sold a pair for 80 :eek:

Ray
20-01-04, 23:43
Originally posted by CJ
80 is a rip off. I recently sold a pair for 80 :eek:

lol thanx... i didnt realise.

Il tell him to shuv the clusters up his ass. :sly:

CJ
20-01-04, 23:45
I may be able to source another pair. I wil let you know in a day or so.

CJ

Ray
21-01-04, 00:28
Originally posted by CJ
I may be able to source another pair. I wil let you know in a day or so.

CJ

thank you ;)

Matt Harwood
21-01-04, 08:42
I've got a pair you can have for 50 if you're interested... ;)

Matt B
21-01-04, 09:45
Matt's about right, I have just got a pair for 50.
Cheers
:)

Ray
21-01-04, 19:16
Originally posted by Matt Harwood
I've got a pair you can have for 50 if you're interested... ;)

yeaaa il pm ya mate. :) thanx

Wipeout
07-02-04, 14:38
Originally posted by Ray
Hi guys,

Just a quick one, i have sourced someone breaking a Toyota supra 93 Jap spec and who has rear clusters, hmm i prefer these over the uk spec. Are they a direct swap? and should my excisting wiring be fine??

Regards

Is the J-Spec bulb holders different to the UK rears?
I also prefer the look of the J-Spec rear lights but can't be bothered with the re-wiring if the holders are different.

dude
07-02-04, 17:32
What goes round comes around !!!!! Now weve got the uk boys trying to turn their cars into J-Specs :)

Dude:flame Dev

Wipeout
07-02-04, 17:49
:D
:twak:

PS: Swap ya a set of HORNS for some lights :)

dude
07-02-04, 17:54
Originally posted by Wipeout
:D
:twak:

PS: Swap ya a set of HORNS for some lights :)

I allready have some horns they are in the toilet so as we can all piss over them at will (bit like racing a uk!!!!:) )

Dude:flame Dev

Wipeout
07-02-04, 18:02
Boom Boom!!