The mkiv Supra Owners Club

limited power in a TT

mathew

jap spec supras have the limiter fitted for top end speeds but do they also come with a limiter on the power? such as to reduce it to around 280bhp?

i only ask as a mate brought it up in convo about a 'gentlemans agreement' between the manufacturers in japan limiting their cars to around the 280bhp mark and it was the first i had heard of it.

They agreed not to produce any cars with greater than 280bhp, which is why the supra, skylines, nsx's etc are all stated as having 280bhp. Get a stock J-spec and stock UK-spec car on a RR and they'll produce about the same power though, ~320bhp.

I though when you fitted kmh to mph converter, it takes the limit off.

well I havent try the top speed yet, but I took it about 130 rather then limited at 110mph before I fitted the delimiter.

yeah but he's referring to a BHP limiter as oppose to a speed limiter. Not always removed when converted I think. And shouldn't be a BHP limiter either